if I pick my plant while the pistills are still white will they turn orange?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokealone

Reaction score
will white pistills turn orange when you pick the plant? trichomes are showing and i've decided I want the head high. but most of the pistills are still white. If I pick the plant will they turn orange?

I don't pay any attention to the white, but go by the tricomes only. Don't take it too early or you may be disappointed.

Rosebud said:
I don't pay any attention to the white, but go by the tricomes only. Don't take it too early or you WILL be disappointed.

fify.

I don't want to offend you as I don't know your knowledge, but do you know what to look for with the trichomes? This is the most important part of knowing when to harvest. (you need a strong magnifying lense of at least 20x to see the trichomes. I use a jeweler's loupe that I ordered from discount hydro. If the trichs are swolen and milky looking rather than small and clear then you can take it now.

The pistels(white hairs) will yellow and shrivel during the drying period and curing period. However, if the trichomes(little, "fuzzy", crystally, micro hairs growing all over the buds and the little sugar leaves, looks like it was rolled in sugar, look like little clear to milky lollipops under 30x magnification) are just clear and not milky looking, the potency will be less.

If you see that half of them are milky and the others are more clear then you will be getting closer to max potency than if they are just all clear. If you let them go until you start to see mostly milky with a few amber looking trichs here and there, then you are at peak. But it will not hurt to pull them with mostly clear if you have too. :)

to answer your question directly, yes... the pistils die and turn orange as the buds dry.

Latest posts

Back