I'm 97% sure it's male, but..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottsIre

Reaction score
I want to make absolute certain. While there seem to be ballsacs present, it also seems to be flowering a bit at the top, in the middle. Also, notice how in pic #1, on the left side the ballsacs are present, but what appears on the right side is almost indicative of female growth, or am I mistaken?

Also, this is a single plant in the first week of the 12/12 cycle. I have no immediate concern of removing it right away, but am wondering when would be the best time to remove the plant to utilize it for making hash/oil. Do I let it continue it's full cycle or change to 6/18 to speed up the process? I'm assuming what little bud that is produced will be not very potent, correct? What would you fine, experienced people recommend at this stage, other than openly weeping? Thanks in advance.

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

I cant tell by the pics of what the sex is. Let it go longer and it will be very apparent before pollen would be released. It can be both and unless you want seeds, kill it. If it is a hermie than its more trouble then its worth. I cant help you with the hash ?. I dont breed yet so I have no use for male pollen.

ScottsIre said:
I want to make absolute certain. While there seem to be ballsacs present, it also seems to be flowering a bit at the top, in the middle. Also, notice how in pic #1, on the left side the ballsacs are present, but what appears on the right side is almost indicative of female growth, or am I mistaken?

Also, this is a single plant in the first week of the 12/12 cycle. I have no immediate concern of removing it right away, but am wondering when would be the best time to remove the plant to utilize it for making hash/oil. Do I let it continue it's full cycle or change to 6/18 to speed up the process? I'm assuming what little bud that is produced will be not very potent, correct? What would you fine, experienced people recommend at this stage, other than openly weeping? Thanks in advance.
I have some bad news for you.You got a male there.But if you are not gonna keep some pollen.Pull that male take it around the back of the shead and kill it:eek: .Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Remove it but be careful. I didn't make sure the room was cleaned from the pollen I didn't know was released. This time around an ounce of prevention.

Great, thanks for the replies. I'm about to clip him at the base and hang it up to dry for 3-5 days. I'm hoping to at least make some use of him and I've seen the thread on hash/oil, I just need to know if a plant that has only been in flower development (12/12) for one week is even worth that effort. Anyone, anyone?

In the meantime I purchased two small 6" pots and will give it another go with two seeds and hope to the Green God that one of them will turn out female!

Once you have varified that it is a male im pretty sure most are going to recommend immediate removal of the plant out of your grow area. If it was me i would move it and grow it larger possibly collect pollen and once its larger then dry and make hash/oil ect.

I wish I had the ability to simply move it and let it finish its cycle, but I just don't. I just *gulp* pulled him, I could almost feel the shock of the plant in my hand, as queer as it sounds. Within minutes, there are already two, small seperate pots under a 400 HPS germinating.. Here's to second chances and the hope that one of these will turn out feminine. I'll post back in this thread with any results in the coming weeks/months. Cheers

just be sure that its a male b4 you remove it, no reason to waste

Edit: to late.

After only 24 hrs after my initial thread posting, it had developed enough to give me a clearer indiciation, most definetly a dude. I'm just thankful I pulled before the room was covered in pollen.

Yea definitly i would of done the same thing as you get that out asap, based on how big it was imo i would say it didnt get pollen everywere.

Here's to second chances and the hope that one of these will turn out feminine. I'll post back in this thread with any results in the coming weeks/months. Cheers
Well good luck to you on this time around.Looking forward to seeing a grow journal on this one.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Latest posts

Back