IMHO (and sent to local papers and news stations)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
Thanks to the media and marketing, greed and the almighty dollar, another holiday has been ruined. Somewhere back in history Santa Claus came into town (no doubt a ploy not by atheists, but by marketing) and ruined Christmas. Now Thanksgiving!! I was appalled to see how this shopping frenzy has gotten out of hand. It’s bad enough to hear of people fighting over a stupid toy but now people are actually taking their family’s Thanksgiving gathering to the sidewalks of stores. People are so brainwashed now over material items that instead of spending quality time with friends and family on a date set aside for hundreds of years, it is more important to pack up your meal and spend three days on a sidewalk so you can save a few bucks. How pathetic.

Please don't fall into this trap!!! You cannot put a dollar sign on friends and family. Do not allow yourself to be sucked in. :peace:

Everyone to their own? I purposely pick up extra time working away from home to miss holidays/my birthday/etc... i dont like family drama.
The stores defiantely do it for the money... I worked for bestbuy marketing a bit lastyear... they actually had some AMAZING deals... a lot of things was being sold under or at cost lastyear for black friday.
Here in canada we dont get thanksgiving sales... but boxing day sales makes up for it.... and our "black friday" is the friday b4 easter. We're frickin weird eh? lol

Latest posts

Back