In Calif., Medical Marijuana Laws Are Moving Pot Into the Mainstream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See for me I have that addictive personality, but with MJ I can (and do) stop whenever I want. I may stop after getting good dank when all I can get is what seems to be dirt weed to lower my tolerance. Now with smoking cigarettes, that is so hard for me to actually quit and I have tried but the longest I have went was two months and I was back in the store buying smokes.

To me I cannot see MJ as being this monster addictive drug that the Gov thinks is so bad for me. Everyone is different I guess, but I don't see the addiction myself.

how likely is prosecution with the one-year card? California seems the inevitable place of residence for me...

Going back to the 70's, I didn't drink, not that I wasn't old enough. I just knew I didn't want to become an alcoholic like other family members. You have to understand, I've always been the black sheep of the family:holysheep: because being a pot-head was deemed as being lazy, worthless and just in it for the buzz, it was the kickback from the "Marijuana Madness" from the 50's. I never thought MI would legalize MJ in my lifetime.........now I feel more confident that in time, burning one, though somewhat restricted, is something I will finally be able to do on my own front porch.

I hopefully in the future, will be able to openly locate my grow amongst my vegetable garden without helicoptors circling my residence, which I pay taxes on by the way. My property is mines alone and I really resent the fact that I can't use it for my own personal use, mj. :)

Klicks said:
Going back to the 70's, I didn't drink, not that I wasn't old enough. I just knew I didn't want to become an alcoholic like other family members. You have to understand, I've always been the black sheep of the family:holysheep: because being a pot-head was deemed as being lazy, worthless and just in it for the buzz, it was the kickback from the "Marijuana Madness" from the 50's. I never thought MI would legalize MJ in my lifetime.........now I feel more confident that in time, burning one, though somewhat restricted, is something I will finally be able to do on my own front porch.

(I hopefully in the future, will be able to openly locate my grow amongst my vegetable garden without helicoptors circling my residence, which I pay taxes on by the way. My property is mines alone and I really resent the fact that I can't use it for my own personal use, mj. :)[/quote)

I couln't agree more. Your told homeownership is the most valuable asset in building a safe, vibrant, and responsible community. But then the gov. says you can only have these disireable communities if your'e willing to pay exorbanant taxes, request "permission" for any improvements (and pay additional fees), and allow others to tell you how your'e going to live on your own land. Unfortunatley our elected officials have forgotten the basic rule of individual rights, LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE!!!!

The Effen Gee said:
Many, Many, MANY doctors would beg to disagree with you on that one...

Not only is marijuana addictive, which it is, there are also withdraw symptoms both physical and mental.

After excessive use, try to quit cold turkey. Not so fun actually, close to quitting cigs for me at least...

Marijuana isn't addictive the only withdrawl is that some things tend to annoy you more, but that is only because you are used to saying f it cause your stoned even when your not smoking things dont bother you because you can always smoke a bowl eventually and all your minor worries are seconded to more important things like enjoying the simple things in life, Like sleeping and eating and using your head. Yea thats right I think more when im stoned although I tend to overthink things sometimes. but when it comes to the addictive part of it Marijuana is about as addictive as any of your hobbies if you play golf 3 times a week for 5 years when you stop playing you will have a slight discomfort because you feel like you are missing somthing.

Thats just my stoned in a hurry to finish typing this because I have things I have to do today response. : )

The Effen Gee said:
You medical marijuana provider/doctor will go over all those details with you.

Marijuana is by no means 100% harmless and beneficial. You still are inhaling combusted plant matter. Plus the butane from your lighter is bad enough on it's own, not to mention blunts, joints and spliffs...

Marijuana may help with some symptoms, ailments and disorders, but in my book...it is by NO MEANS healthy.

perhaps you should state that smoking cannabis is not healthy but smoking isnt the only way to get the medicinal benefits that cannabis offers. as for 100% harmless/beneficial, you know whats beneficial for all of us...if not smoked then for ME it is 100% harmless / beneficial.

expand your mind as to the medical potential of cannabis as well as methods of ingestion. visit the recipe board of this site.

SSH

yeah but will all the crap, ie. strioids, growth hormones, antibioticies, an what ever else they deside to start injecting our dairy cows, meat cow's, chickens, pig's, an not to say the stuff they "dust crops" with. all this is a big part of the food chain. an yes it is haveing affects on us, its just that the good old usa ant amitting it. lets throw in all the crap thats in the ground watter, an eveything out there that is leagle thats eating away at us. u really think that pot is going to make any diffrince eather way? lol we screwed, well i don't eat any fram raised beef chicken or pork, all range raised... cost is more but well worth it. but come on, u take 12 arspin's an it will be the last damn head ake u will have, but smoke 12 joints u will wake up in an hour, hungeryer than hell but awake an alive nun the less. pick your posion eveything is bad for u. we all age, we all die. we reach a point in our life where we not growing anymore we dieing, just like anyother thing in life..........get over it!!!!!

Latest posts

Back