Individual Container vs. Bed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nycdiesel

Reaction score
Witch do you prefer and WHY?

Wouldn't a bed setup provide space for more cubic feet of soil, nutrients, water? You would have to water less often.

Containers leave wasted space need water more often and are more expensive. On the other hand they can be moved easily.

For me I prefer 1 gal. pots for 2 reasons, 1 I can somewhat control size and 2 much more cleaner! I don't want a bed of soil to clean up, I'd rather just dump a pot than do all the work of a bed! Just my preference!

Phatpharmer

Consider having sick, infested or male plants. In individual containers, they're easier to work on or extract from the grow area.

Whatever works best for you is your best way of growing, however.

Peace, prosperity and lots of weed to you.

i prefer pots as i suck at cloning so i grow from seed ,,and as potus pointed out its easier for extraction :peace:

but saying that i plan on putting 3 in one ginormous tub out side ,,but will make sure there female first :peace:

If clone growing I'd go with a bed if you wanted to, but for seed grows and multi strain grows would go individual ;)
with seed and multi-strain each one may have different nutrient requirements or may get bigger than the other and over shadow it. clone grows more uniform and same nutrient requirments. just my 2cents worth :)
happy farmin :farm:

I have seen some really nice clone bed grows on these grow forums. It is true that you get more cubic feet of grow space and you have to water less but in the end it is a lot of work to turn over the grow space. I have also seen those grow bags, Which are really nice. you could put them in rows and use a drip system. I saw this done on another site, It was sweet, maximum space usage. Throw the bag away when done. I grow in pots simply because its less turn over.

MCM

well youve stated the arguments for and against both, so why not think outside the bow ive got about 10 square cat litter containers and their my solve to the wasted space issue so this is the best i could come up with also ive takin a left over sheet of rubber roofing and lined the floor of my grow room up the walls about 7 inches then put a sump pump in the bottom witch runs a line to a suspended bucket that fills with the left overs from watering it sits on top of my grow room and i installed a pvc fitting on the bottom so when it gets full i can just drain it this makes it easy(when i do over fert its easy to flush because it will be needed) lol hope this gave you something to think about.

ive got the bomb set up i have a bed on the floor and what we call "wall pots" i get 4 times what you get from just beds or pots. its a cool system kinda crosses hydro with dirt. im almost done with beds and spliting my room to get more wall pots.

Latest posts

Back