info on dry ice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boricua22

Reaction score
wud up peeps, i wanted to know if i was to use dry ice, how much will i need and how do i set that up. for like 6 plants.

boricua22 said:
wud up peeps, i wanted to know if i was to use dry ice, how much will i need and how do i set that up. for like 6 plants.
If you could keep your room closed completely during the dark period of your plants flowering cycle, you could simply put a bucket above your plants with a pound of Dry Ice in it and use a very small oscillating fan to equally distribute the CO2 around the enclosure.

Dry Ice is heavier than air, so the fan is necessary to get it all around the plants. When your lights come on again, you would have to make sure your room was ventilated properly to avoid heat damage to your crop.

One pound of dry ice will last for 12 hours of CO2 levels that are usable by your plants in as much as a 10' x 10' area.

The largest problem is accuiring a pound of dry ice each day, or more, and storing it. A high quality insulated cooler would keep it as long as possible. Take a cooler and buy 2 pounds. Keep it and "flash" look once a day. See how long it lasts. Use that as your reference in how much to buy for how long.

Great question.

depends on growspace... venting... temps (dry ice will make a room cool)

ok say i have my plant in a space like 5 feet by 5 feet. how much dry ice can i use. and i should only put the dry ice in with the plant when the lights are off of it . and when i turn them back on i have to really fan out the space.. also i just simply put the dry ice in a bucket with nutting else right?

Dude, I got myself turned backwards. The CO2 would have to be absorbed during the daylight hours. While the lights are on.

Heat.

Ventilation would ruin the whole thing unless you could cool the space.

Dry Ice = Not going to happen in the real world.

Sorry.

damn so how do other people do that with dry ice then? wont the dry ice cool down the space anyways. where talking about a very small growing space. 5x 5 ft. at the most

The CO2 needs to stay in the grow area. If you close it off, you'd need to keep it cool somehow. I don't think the bucket thing would cool much.

I've never used it, so I don't know how you would get around this.

thanxz stony for the help. can some one that has use dry ice please lett me know how it works and the set up you used

ok can someone that has used dry ice. please tell me your set up and the whole process. when do you put it next to your plant and how and, are your light on at the time or your only use it at night or darkness. please let me know. i dont want to blow **** up cuase of a chemcial reaction. your be helping me out and saveing a life. lmao let me know

plants use co2 dureing photosynthesis (lights on)
You're much better off with good venting and full circulation of fresh air than any attempt with dry ice.

Just use the dry ice in a ventilated room. Sure, you're gonna lose some co2 but it should still increase co2 levels.

Dry ice isn't worth the hassle... nor its worth in money... it isn't going to increase your yeilds anymore then a nice ventilation.

Latest posts

Back