Is It to early to give nutrients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NexDeus

Reaction score
Hey, I just planted some clones into cups today, but they look like they are horribly N deficient. Is it too early to use any nutrients? I use Advanced line (Beginner tier). Thanks!

What kind of soil did you plant them in? Does it already have nutes in it?

of the clone. If it has a good root system then give it some nutes at 1/4 the strength. Is this your first grow? Do you feel like telling us what your set up is like?

Anyway, green mojo.

Nah its not my first. I use soil only. The roots are established, I dont plant them in the soil until they are. They are clearly N deprived, and I cant afford to have em die. Setup is a 2x4 florescent light fixture with high output grow bulbs in a 4x8 tent. I never gave clones nutes before, but we had power outtages this week and didnt have good light or heat on the clones so they already arent happy. Still rooted but they need help. Thats where I was hoping the nutes would come in.

NexDeus said:
Nah its not my first. I use soil only. The roots are established, I dont plant them in the soil until they are. They are clearly N deprived, and I cant afford to have em die. Setup is a 2x4 florescent light fixture with high output grow bulbs in a 4x8 tent. I never gave clones nutes before, but we had power outtages this week and didnt have good light or heat on the clones so they already arent happy. Still rooted but they need help. Thats where I was hoping the nutes would come in.

I don't understand the relationship between feeding clones and not having good light???? These are two separate growing requirements and nutrients cannot make up for poor light and vice versa.

What type of soil did you plant them in? What type of nutrients do you give them? If you are convinced that they are deficient in any of the nutes, I would feed them. Clones are the same biological age as the mother, so unlike seedlings, they can be fed right away if they need it. I generally start out at a 1/4 strength or so.

Is the 2 x 4 fluoro just for your clones? What are you using for vegging and flowering? A 4 x 8 is a good sized tent....

Latest posts

Back