is it true

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
is it true that a plant left to keep growing after the harvest will with in a few months, go to seed? and the seeds will be fem?

If a plant in flower is stressed if may herm and produce a few seeds. I would not count on it.

A plant dies unless it is re-vegged.

I don't want to go against the trend here but about 10 years ago I did have a big outdoor plant that I picked all the buds , left the leaves and the pop corn and then just left it to see what would happened and it did throw a couple of flowers and then then made some small buds that seeded then the plant died . I was told back then the seeds would be mof so I never did try them but from what Ive learnt since they may have been fem seeds if they were fertile

While it is certainly possible for plants to do what QB described, this is just the plant hermying. I personally would never be into growing seeds from a plant like this. To me, fem seeds are seeds made by a responsible breeder from stable stock with acceptable methods. A female plant that produces seeds because it was left uncared for is hermy plant that produces hermy seeds. I think it was a good decision to not grow them QB. You risk an entire seeded crop trying to save $5 or so on a seed.

is it true that a plant left to keep growing after the harvest will with in a few months, go to seed? and the seeds will be fem?

If the plant was left as you suggest it would seed some but they wouldn't be guaranteed feminized seeds they would be mixed male and female

question : Iwas once told that seeds off a hemi mated with a female would be feminised seeds because you would have m/f chromosomes with f/f creating fffm is that correct

Latest posts

Back