Is this enough nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
My girls are in veg, and most are getting close to 8"-10" tall. Im about to transplant into 3 gal soil buckets. Right now they are in pretty small containers. I have hardly given nutes at all (foxfarm ocean soil) , until a very light feeding this last watering. new growth seems almost neon grren looking. Do I need to up the nutes? This is what I have to use (and used last time)-

BioGrow of Holland (biobizz)

1.8% (N)
.1% (P2)
6.6% (K2)

Should I be adding anything else? I plan on going to flower in 10 days or so.

Can you post up pics? You cld gve them a 1/2 strength feeding and then watch them for signs of nute burn...

Hamster Lewis said:
Can you post up pics? You cld gve them a 1/2 strength feeding and then watch them for signs of nute burn...
Thanks for the advice, I was actually more curious If i needed any others fertz, or is this 1.8-.1-6.6 enough.

HI,

Hello,

You're doing great imho... A shade slightly darker than lime green growth is ideal with most strains.... Dark green growth is often indicative of too much N... Just keep in mind when it comes to nutes... the manufacturers are in the business of selling nutes so take their 'recommended rates' with that in mind. I used to feed full strenth all the time until I figured out that most strains are only slowed down if you give them more nutes than they can handle. More nutes can result in LESS growth IME... FFOF is a very nicely amended organic soil and I don't feed ANY veg nutes for up to 6 weeks of vegging in FFOF but you didn't hurt anything by giving the plants occasional light feedings with Bio Biz Grow... It's a very good veg nute...

For flowering their BioBiz Bloom is a great product too... I'm not too crazy about their 'bloom booster' "Top Max" though... Roots Organics has a product called HPK which is a great bloom booster with liquid bat guano for phosphorous and k-mag for potassium... It would go well with BioBiz Bloom and as always feed 1/3 to 1/2 strength starting out and then slowly increase your nute strength if you don't see any signs of nute burn on new growth emerging. With FFOF you'll do well with many strains to feed every other or every third watering because the soil is well amended to start with. I rarely go past half strength nutes when I use FFOF but some of the hungrier Indicas sometimes need a bit more... FFOF is some good stuff...

Happy Growing!:cool:

I use FF ocean forest and give full strength nuts to my 8 inchers. Need to wait until about 2 weeks after transplant to add nuts.

captain1 said:
I use FF ocean forest and give full strength nuts to my 8 inchers. Need to wait until about 2 weeks after transplant to add nuts.

I dont want any Nuts, except me that is near my plants.

This is the first time I have heard you should wait 2 weeks before feeding. Would you have any other info on this? I have transplanted and have had my plants grow so fast afterwards, sometimes overnight and couldnt imagine waiting 2 weeks.

Best Wishes
"P"

Latest posts

Back