is this heat stress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedsmithy

To Wasted To Know
Reaction score
hey guys heres a couple pics of my aurora indica seedlings,an ive noticed the newer leaves are sorta going all krinkly an the leaves arent flat there sorta folding inwards a bit is this due to heat stress there under 400hps should i raise the light up a bit the lights about 8-10inches away from the plants cheers

burn.jpg

It could be, though in my experience it affects the leaves closest to the lights first, and that doesn't seem to be happening. Is your 400 W in an enclosed and ventilated reflector? If it is, you might be OK, but I didn't get mine that close until the plants were in flower. If your reflector isn't enclosed and hooked up to a good exhaust, that's *way* too close. I think most would recommend a good 18" at least for a 400 W.

You can check to see if it is too hot by putting the back of your hand directly under the light at the same height as your canopy. If your hand gets pretty hot in less than a minute, the light needs to be raised. Get it so your hand just feels comfortably warm.

ya id say raise the light cause it could be scorching the leaves..with a 400watter no less than 12inches from the top try like he said^ 18" and see if your plants improve..is it all the plants doing this?

What is your room temp? Looks like they may be getting a lil hot.

yeah the room temp is around 30degress celcius think thats bout 82f is that a little high BBP? i still need to put xtraction fan in on the top theres a the hole there at the mo an yeah a isolating fan blowing over the plants ,so hopfully when i get the xtraction fan in might take temp down a bit

82 isn't bad at all. Thats about where mine stays with the lights on. Maybe someone else has an opinion.

oh its 86f not 82f an room could possibly be getting even a lil higher like around 88-89f,so is 86f like when i checked it earlier on still ok or is that gettin a bit hot ive been watering them evry 2nd-3rd day

There probably isnt anything wrong with the plant. It looks fine, it could be the strain.

stonedsmithy said:
hey guys heres a couple pics of my aurora indica seedlings,an ive noticed the newer leaves are sorta going all krinkly an the leaves arent flat there sorta folding inwards a bit is this due to heat stress there under 400hps should i raise the light up a bit the lights about 8-10inches away from the plants cheers
Here's a very helpful chart to have if you are running a 400hps.Hope it helps.Keep it GREEN:D

Raise your lights some man. they look a little defficient in Mg too . they might need a good spritzing with some epsom salts.

ANyways raise that light man.I would get it around the 14-18 inches about the plants.You will still have plenty of light penetration.

ey cheers guys.Hey Wakenbake should i foiler spray the epson salts or is it best to give it to them via soil watering cheers again all

Latest posts

Back