just got first electric bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pussum i agree, but to start computer you need more power then run-it for 2 hours :)

brouli said:
pussum i agree, but to start computer you need more power then run-it for 2 hours :)

Ok, well turn it on when you get home from work and turn it off before bed. Problem solved. Don't turn it off an on, but don't keep it on all day. I guess that would be a decent sollution to the problem. The real issue is turning lights off. That is an electric bill killer right there.

TBG thanks for the reassuring note;)

like i say i am not too awful worried about it, i dont think $40 jump in my bill will make my electric company want to phone the police. not to mention the fact that it jump right after x-mas, i very well could have gotten a x-mas gift that uses a lot of electric, maybe we have a washer and dryer now and didnt before, maybe we installed base wall heaters cause its colder then a witches titty. :rofl:

i think as long as i keep it paid they would care less if it was a little higher. i mean after all this does mean they get to make more money.

You can use a fire place to heat your home as well if you have one instead of using the heater. Have your grow lights come on during the graveyard shift as some electric companies charge different rates on a different tier 2-3 different times of the day. Especially during the summer thats how it works where I live. You can BBQ more outside instead of running the oven. It always helped me but I also ran 3500 watts of lamps back in the day..........:cool:

in arizona does anyone kno if the company would come out to check up or maybe my apt. complex ppl check up why we are jumpin on electricity

dude... she paid the bill over TWO years ago... this thread is ancient! If you pay your bill you'll be golden. People get busted by telling others about their grow or something leading to an investigation that causes them to look at power records for evidence in the investigation. Don't steal power and pay your bill and you'll be good.

Peace!:cool:

welll. since it's dug up, could'nt hurt to add taking a look at your water heater. if you have an electric water heater, and it's turned up past halfway on thermostat, this one appliance can easily run you 50-75 a month with only two people using it...

theres a few things you can do here to save on this end...

#1- turn the thermostat down!!!(it is inside the panel cover on the side of the unit) just 10* down will save you at least 25 a month, then you could easily justify running a 4-600 watter...

#2- most big box stores ( ie... home depot, menards, lowes ), sell water heater blankets, you simply wrap aroung your unit. this saves on cost by keeping the water that is already heated, heated longer before cool down, and turning back on frequently to re-heat what was already heated once...:cool: ...

Tip #69. whenever possible, shower with a friend...:p ...Irish...

Good advice again, there, Irish :D. You should be MVP :hubba:. Wait, what?

I'll tell you something funny... well it's wasn't funny to me but I've learned to laugh about it :hubba:. My wife always uses "hot" water to rinse a bowl or a knife or something. Here comes the funny part - she doesn't wait for the water to get hot. Funny, right? :)

is this thread a joke that i missed somewhere,

seriously, the power usage you people are talking about is tiny,

a 400w and a 600w are never gonna cause you any trouble from the power company,

you got a 125 dollar bill and your worried?????

dont be, your fine imo

I ran electric heater last yr during the cold months because Propane is to expensive to run and propane ran 300 a month starting Jan.
My electric started to go up in Dec. from 125 to 298 by the time march came around and start to go down after march and I freaked over the electric bill and cause alot of head ache with the wifey and all.

If one has a shop on the property the electric company Won't do anything because of the shop, But if in a house and there No shop then Still won't be a problem either because people turn there garage into a work shop to run tools and stuff..
I think if one electric bill jumps up 50 bucks Don't worry the electric company Won't do anything, Now if you have a BIG BIG jump in usage then I would be worry... Don't Hot wire your grow and you be fine.....

Another thing after starting your grow and the electric jumped up 50 bucks or so, Keep the jump up always and never shut down for very long that way electric company won't see any Big ups and down in cost..
The longest my lights been off is a week of each grow for clean up..

Another thing after starting your grow and the electric jumped up 50 bucks or so, Keep the jump up always and never shut down for very long that way electric company won't see any Big ups and down in cost..
The longest my lights been off is a week of each grow for clean up..

We run the A/C all summer long without a grow, then once it starts getting cooler
I start the winter grow. 2 400 watt lights equal the electric usage of the A/C in the summer.

The Effen Gee said:
my power bill was $1456 this month.

top that.

Good God did you win the Lottery, and now you Don't Worry about the cost..?
I would TOTALLY have a heart Attack....

zipflip said:
thats a good concept to keep in mind i agree. never thought bout that but it makes total sense.

It is best to keeps lite going even if not growing at the sec because of clean up or repairs, that sudden drop wouldn't be good I don't think..
If my 400 watt 18/6 isn't going then my 1000 watt 12/12 is, and been doing this for couple of yrs and it started with the CFL's..;)

ever since i got rid of my CFL lights and threw in smaller HPS lights to veg with my power wnt down 35$... i was vegging 24hrs with a 400W. 2 inlines going water pumps, a couple smaller HPS lights for mothers and my power bill is 95$.. from 130$ using CFL for my long veg with mothers and what not... CFL is better played on the feild..
LH

I have 4 1000 hps bulbs mounted in a 6 inch cool tube with a 8 inch 800 cfm vortec fan sucking outside also using 6 inch 600cfm to push from carbon filter. Is this gonna control my heat and make lights not too much for my cannabis which I will be using a aero 60?:farm:

U dug up a thread from 2009, about electricity costs and your asking about cooling capacity?

I recommend starting a thread in the grow room and design forum.... With more information too.

Brother's Grunt is right. There needs to be lots more draw to attract attention imo.

Latest posts

Back