Kensington Avenue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 10 flora

This one is going to be a good size plant.

It's showing yellowness at the bottom leaves and slowly rising upwards.
Same thing happened to the mother of this plant but not sure if it was for same reasons. I do not know why. I never managed to get it under control on the mother and it dropped all the leaves. I hope I can get this one sorted out.
I gave extra magnesium with nutes last thursday and the yellowing has grown since. This sucks. I gave more magnesium with nutes today.
Odd.:confused: :confused2:

IMG_1253 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1254 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1255 (640x480).jpg

IMG_1256 (640x480).jpg

Hey Parcero!

Have you tried amending w/ dolomite lime? i always add it to mine and it seems to buffer the soil perfectly. Not sure if you can top dress with it, I've only mixed it while I'm transplanting to new pots.

Peace n' budskies,

7greeneyes:)

Hi 7greeneyes

I have added lime to this. I checked the run-off thursday and Ph was ok as was EC, or at least it wasnt too high, dont know what the EC should be in run-off but it wasnt too high I suppose it was ok.

The mom which showed same thing was growing in a different soilmix.

I suppose I just keep giving Mg to it. Should I give some additional Calcium aswell? I have some Ca 1%, liquid.

Hello PuffinNugs

Ph around 6.5ish.
I like to think they have enough N, been giving it in good doses. I could be wrong ofcourse. Lets see for couple of days what that magnesium does to them and then try something else.
I do wish I had something with high N and not much nothing at all in it but at the moment I dont.

Ok, I take you word

My soil nutrient is 1part and has 5-2-4 and I have some additives.
How high EC would you give them now?

Much appreciated.

Yes, thats the only type of nute I got, BioNovas soil supermix. I also have PK13/14, calcium and magnesium. +GH3, label says both hydro and soil but I never used it on soil.
Soil is a mix of normal blackpotting mix, peat, sand, leca + couple of fistfulls of calcium.

Try the BioNova SprayMix. You can give until 4 week of flo.

Hi bho_expert, I see if I can find it next time when I'm around shops.
I might go back to 2 or 3 part nutes after this..or something.

I gave more N after that magnesium boost, twice, so lets see if that helps.

MAXICROP'S good for feeding light N to the plant. :aok: transplanting also into fresh new soil

p.s looks like its rootbound to me... :confused2:

Thanks 7greenyes

If it's rootbound then it unfortunately has to stay that way. I have tied it to this one side more than the other, also bigger bulb this side of the plant. That bucket is minimum 65l, it might be 75 I try to remember check tomorrow. Miss Kensington has been in that same bucket since rooted so it might very well have big enough roots to bound in it but maybe not. Her mother was bigger and in smaller container, but not from the beginning, it was rootbound before I changed it it's final 50l+ container and that wasn't rootbound too badly when it finished.
Cant repot that size by myself without breaking that bucket; and plant

nice pics, bud :aok: nuthin wrong w/ that girl. :bong2:

I'm with 7, concentraite on the flowers -- they are nice -- I'm thinking that to treat the roots is like revedging, and the flowers are the money -- not the roots. Looks good Par.

Thanks for visiting and comments 7greeneys and HemperFi.

That yellowness has not spreaded any higher, or so it looks to me. Good.

Ph was high thou and now after few days of intensive flushing I got it below 7. Or atleast I think and hope so. My back hurts from sitting there uncomfortably, collecting and carrying water in and then pouring it over on top. Few hundred liters later I'm calling this flushing perioid for this babe over, Ph undercontrol or not. Still have other girls to flush thou...:hairpull: :p

Couple of pics.

Be well

IMG_1306 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1307 (640x480).jpg

yeah, that yellowing is normal...at first I didn't realize I was looking at a blooming lady :rofl: get r' done Parcero, I'm here waitin to see what you yield and cured bud shot and smoke report. :yay:

Thanks for visiting 7greeneyes

I'm not sure that it should show yellowness like that already. Still long time for those yields and pics of finished girl and smoke report...

Anyways, it did not stay under control. For few days it was ok and here we go again, more yellowness... I'm going to keep feeding this one like it says in the feeding chart for now, let's see what I come up later.

Couple of pics.

IMG_1309 (640x480).jpg

IMG_1310 (480x640).jpg

Would love to know what's causing it, I have the same problem, not quite as bad, I Just assumed I over fed, this is my first time trying to use actual nutes

Latest posts

Back