kind of security related

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamstein

Reaction score
the room im using is a very secluded closet pretty much, used to be an outhouse but now its an empty room, im using mylar to totally cover the doorway and it has to be the most FRUSTRATING material on the planet,
the fan keeps it moving about all over the place so little gaps appear at the bottom of the doorway.
also a lot of light seems to come through the sheet AND through a curtain ive put up over it, anyone with a view to this particular doorway after about 6PM can obviously tell theres a hidden room behind the curtain. i was also foolish enough to put up some aluminium foil on the walls, naturally you can hear it at all hours of the night. seeing as the room is at 90 F with the HPS lamp on im thinking of adding a portable air conditioner which is going to make a right load of noise.

anyone have any ideas? my parents want to rent out a room of the house so theres a chance someone will come and inspect everything, they know im growing infact they put in a lot of effort to help me get all the stuff together

i really dont want to go to jail...

1. Use panda plastic on your door instead of mylar.

2. Put weather stripping around your grow room door so no light leaks out.

I would use foil faced, 1/2 inch styrofoam insulation, It's cheap and comes in 4X8 sheets, It's rigid, easy to work with and reflects light very well, you could line the whole room with it and increase your light intensity dramaticly.

that sounds awesome, no more scrucnhy noises.

as for light intensity, that lamp gives me a headache if i meff about in the grow room too long! plants are greedy.

wouldnt styrofoam make the room really hot though?

yes it will act as an insulator, so ur gonna want a fan/ vent setup if possible, check ur existing duct work to see where the nearst exit is. try for the roof.

don't use a curtain either try to find something more solid. like drywall. lol if u can that is, give me a few more specifics on the surroundings, like bookshelves, dressers, think broad.

its kind of a daft room really, it didnt start out as part of the house, my mums last boyfriend pretty much just bodged the whole thing together with the roofing stuff you get on sheds (bitumen?) MDF newspaper and i kid you not... duck tape. in the room theres plywood panneling on the walls, chip board in a kind of fake ceiling the rest is nasty crumbly red bricks ive covered most of the brick with mylar and foil as it seems the worst surface.

this room doesnt even have a door, just a vague archway with a curtain screwed into yet more amatuer fitted plyboards.

i already took out some smaller ceiling panels so if any police helicopters go past that tar roof stuff will shine like a beacon wont it?

this project is like my computer, you spend money on making the numbers awesome sounding, then it all overheats and you cant do anything about it :(

no really though im moaning, everything is cool.. maybe

best to wait until you own your home to grow

not right to put others at risk over a grow :)

like i said, my mum is in on it and behind it 100%

shes getting annoyed with me cause i dont talk about anything else :)

go to home depot and buy panels of styrafoam.

and Spray glue. spray glue on boards, roll mylar on it..
Now you got easily movable/plyable mylar boards.

Tring to keep the mylar straight and wrinkle free is almost impossible.
I kind of like some lose mylar, with fans, it helps bounce around
the light. IMO

goodluck

cheers for all the help, i hate to be one of those typical noobs getting into this without enough money to carry it through properly, but thats me lol

il go out later in the week for some supplies, this should make the mylar i have left go a long way :)

Latest posts

Back