Leaf damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1

Reaction score
These are 4 photos of 2 of my plants. 2 with the grow lights on and 2 with them off. I have been needing to use a heater in my grow room and I noticed one of these that was closest to the heater started to show some distress in it leaves only in one spot. I moved the plants around and then I noticed the plant I moved near the heater was starting to show damage. It’s been warm lately so I am able to turn the heater off. Do you think I’m correct in thinking it was “cooking” the leaves? It’s only in one spot on both plants, the rest of the plants look good. Sour diesel autos about 1 1/2 weeks into flower

Attachments

• 7146F2AA-D222-40BD-A777-6F361F340FE7.jpeg
    7146F2AA-D222-40BD-A777-6F361F340FE7.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 6FC9DE9A-DBBC-49F5-BE93-E1C6727B3709.jpeg
    6FC9DE9A-DBBC-49F5-BE93-E1C6727B3709.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 61AA7935-65BB-4B80-8260-A546BC144956.jpeg
    61AA7935-65BB-4B80-8260-A546BC144956.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 905AB493-8AA1-4AB4-8E68-7823FBDB3710.jpeg
    905AB493-8AA1-4AB4-8E68-7823FBDB3710.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
What kind of heater is it? The only type I will personally use in a grow room is an oil filled electric radiator. Quartz heaters and those with a fan blow too hot and dry to be near plants; if you use one you need to take considerations for not blowing or radiating too much in one spot, which in worst case can also pose a risk of fire if the plants are too close.
If all you have is a quartz heater, you'll need to figure out how to angle it for safety and plant health, such as pointing it towards some stacked cinder blocks to absorb and safely dissipate the heat.

What kind of heater is it? The only type I will personally use in a grow room is an oil filled electric radiator. Quartz heaters and those with a fan blow too hot and dry to be near plants; if you use one you need to take considerations for not blowing or radiating too much in one spot, which in worst case can also pose a risk of fire if the plants are too close.
If all you have is a quartz heater, you'll need to figure out how to angle it for safety and plant health, such as pointing it towards some stacked cinder blocks to absorb and safely dissipate the heat.
Thanks. It is a quartz heater that I have since raised up above the plans but for at least the next week I shouldn’t need if. I do have an oil filled radiator type heater but I don’t have room in the grow tent and if I just put it in the shed it wasn’t enough for the 35 degree
yup, burned
I have been watching closely and haven't seen any further damage. Right now the heater is off and the lights are keeping it warm enough

You can get small oil filled radiators. I also use a slightly larger one but I set it right in front of the intake vent on the side of the tent so the air is warmed by the radiator grills as it goes in. It's not as efficient as inside the tent, but it saves space and keeps the lights off temps ok.
You could also put the radiator inside a small cardboard box and run the intake tube into the box so that it is only pulling in warmed air. It works well when the temp is really cold.

I agree with putting it a radiator in front of the intake if you're short on space.
Another thing to remember is to check if your quartz heater glows, and also to cover the LED "on" indicator light with a sticker. Some plants are sensitive enough to even dim red light that they will herm.

I agree with putting it a radiator in front of the intake if you're short on space.
Another thing to remember is to check if your quartz heater glows, and also to cover the LED "on" indicator light with a sticker. Some plants are sensitive enough to even dim red light that they will herm.
This time around I inadvertently bought auto-flowering seeds and my lights are on 24/7. Week 2, day3 But I had heard that some photo-period plants are sensitive to light leakage but i didn't know they could be that sensitive

Latest posts

Back