Leaf problem getting worse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I have been having a leaf problem that I can't identify and have tried flushing the soil last week but it hasn't improved and the leaves continue to deteriorate.
The plant is in week 4 of flowering and is an autoflower. It is in an 11L soil pot and fed the same as the other three plants in the tent, which look ok- not as good as they could but they don't have the same problem.
Overall, the leaves in this grow have not looked as healthy as the leaves in the last grows.
The temps and humidity and air circulation are all ok and the lights are 20/4 600w hps. I am using the same canna nutes that I normally have used in the past with no problems.
Is it worth it to try re-potting the plant into a slightly bigger pot with some fresh soil?
And advice would be appreciated.
See pics.
leaf-problem-2.jpg
leaf-problem.jpg

You have more than 1 problem. What is ph? Because looks like nute lockout and bugs

Have you scoped these to see what or if you have bugs? Look on the bottom of the leaves with a 60X loupe and let us know what you see.

the ph is normal (about 6.5) and there are no bugs that I can find with a very close look.
will repotting help?

Root problems can look like anything. In a plastic pot the soil can be dry on top and wet at the bottom. Repotting in a fabric pot may help. I am not sure how your plant will like being repotted while in flower.
My other thought is some kinda fungus like leaf septoria. That will cause round spots on your leaves. Just thinking out loud here.
I hope this girl recovers soon.

I'm thinking nute lockout, too. I'm thinking it looks like a manganese deficiency. Manganese isn't really readily available to the plant at pH of 6.5 or higher.

What does close look mean? did you use a magnifier? The reason i am being picky is there are now inscts you can't see with a naked eye. Or with a loupe, aka, russet mites.

Yes Rose, that was what I was thinking as well. Plants are stressed from nutes or ph and bugs swooped in for the kill.

I hope you can get it fixed. If that was mine, I might take it out of the pot and look and see what is going on and spray with dr zymes at lights out. How far in flower are you? yes, transplant it. you will learn more after looking at the roots, i hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking nute lockout, too. I'm thinking it looks like a manganese deficiency. Manganese isn't really readily available to the plant at pH of 6.5 or higher.
I'll give the nute water a bit of ph down and bring it closer to 6 for a while.
my tap water is hard and about 7.4, but after mixing the nutes it goes to about 6.5-7, so I haven't been needing to adjust it with ph down, but I'll give that a go.

Last edited:
What does close look mean? did you use a magnifier? The reason i am being picky is there are now inscts you can't see with a naked eye. Or with a loupe, aka, russet mites.
I have a lab microscope with a 40-400x lenses that I use to look at trichs and I can't see any microscopic insects on the leaves.

I hope you can get it fixed. If that was mine, I might take it out of the pot and look and see what is going on and spray with dr zymes at lights out. How far in flower are you? yes, transplant it. you will learn more after looking at the roots, i hope.
I'm going into the 5th week of flowering. I think that I will take it out of the pot and shake off some of the loose soil around the roots and place it in another pot with fresh soil if it's still looking the same by the weekend.

I have a bag of canna coco plus sitting around that came by mistake. Does anyone think that it would be ok to repot the plant into a mixture of soil and coco? Would I continue to use the soil nutes or would I need the coco a and b nutes instead? I could do a light coco mixture with the soil and just a bit of coco.
Would that maybe help avoid ph or nute lockout problems or help with the wet/dry cycle for watering?
Or might it shock it to death?

I don't think I would put them through a transplant to a different kind of medium and different nutes when they are sick. Just my 2 cents...but I think you need to determine what is actually wrong with them before trying things for no reason.

Hey what's up Surfer Joe. May I ask how many gal. of water did you flush with, 5 gal. 10 gal. ? I agree with everyone else in regards to nute lock out. And with your ph being to high for cal-mag up take. Also when looking for bugs you should pick 5 to 10 leaves and take them under a light and check both sides with your mag. Like umbra stated swooping in for the KILL. Wont be long and she will be covered with little webs. One more thing cut back to half nutes and give her a boost of cal-mag. That's what I have to do with the blueberry I grow. Good luck S.J................................................

Hey what's up Surfer Joe. May I ask how many gal. of water did you flush with, 5 gal. 10 gal. ? I agree with everyone else in regards to nute lock out. And with your ph being to high for cal-mag up take. Also when looking for bugs you should pick 5 to 10 leaves and take them under a light and check both sides with your mag. Like umbra stated swooping in for the KILL. Wont be long and she will be covered with little webs. One more thing cut back to half nutes and give her a boost of cal-mag. That's what I have to do with the blueberry I grow. Good luck S.J................................................
I used canna flush and followed the directions for clearing the soil rather than for before harvest, and with more runoff than recommended.

LOL wow you have things twisted in your mind. That is not what is meant by flushing ph'd water thru the plant to fix your ph and nute issues. Using more nutes and in the case enzymes to fix the problem is unproductive.

Latest posts

Back