LED Grow Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
I'm considering a small closet grow and would like to try an LED light. I've been researching and it just gets confusing. I've got a 2' x 3' closet and am looking at a 240 watt (80 bulbs at 3W each). There seems to be no end to the possibilities.

I want this strictly as a flowering room. So i'm seeing 6-band, 7-band, 8-band & +infrared. Can anyone tell me whats required for maximum flowering? How many bands are needed. Is there one that goes to 11 (spinal tap reference, couldn't help myself) Any recomendations for a specific brand of lamp in this watt range? Any to stay clear of? Any grow journals on here using LED's.

Anything here would be helpful

i use the DS series 11band and a htg 7 band ufo they both work good the stronger the light the better bigger.... flower

skullcandy said:
i use the DS series 11band and a htg 7 band ufo they both work good the stronger the light the better bigger.... flower

I was totally joking about 11 band. Didn't know they went that high.

Thanks for the response skullcandy. Is the 11 band that much better? Can you tell me how many watts your using and for how much area?

chazmaine420 said:
I was totally joking about 11 band. Didn't know they went that high.

Thanks for the response skullcandy. Is the 11 band that much better? Can you tell me how many watts your using and for how much area?

yes it does make a difference in my opinion i use 235 watts led i could use another two-hundred, if you take a look at some of my older posts i have posted pics of what that small amount of light can do i hear it works like a 400 hps but have no proof , does help keep the temps down which make it easyer to control heat i grow at night in the summer came out alright but also depends if your summer nights are cooler then the light mine where what luck. and you can place the light almost to the point of the plant touching the light without harming it it does burn the plant if touching the lens . I would say if you can pros and con the bad and good from leds and other lights you might just choose leds yourself
these lights I use in a 3' x 3' grow tent it works great for one plant at a time. tent and light although i do want more wattes I am after the new t5's with the veg and flower bulbs do some web surfing there are a bunch of different brands out there that do different watts and light frequencies takes some searching

Look up "PJammers". He has a line on some seriously nice, high quality LEDs. I haven't seen him here in a while so I'm not sure if he is still monitoring right now but its worth a try to PM him. :)

LED is too hot and expensive, and hot is also the problem that occurs the short life span of LED. if i were you, i would rather try HID, though it's life is short, but it's cheap.

you can also try induction grow light, better than LED, google it

LED grow lights
please purchase ad space if you wish to promote products here

lol LEDs DO NOT run hot thats just helarious... HID puts out like a million times the heat... if you havnt used a good LED fixture then you have no clue... 1-2 inches from light fixture and only a 2 degree difference in temp... yeah thats soooo hot... >_<
anywho i used the HTG 7-band UFO, i think it was a 135 watt, or something close to that, i used 2 identical UFOs and got pretty good results, youll defently need more then 1 to flower, like 2 or so should be good for 1 plant, and remember keep them LOW LOW LOW no need to keep the lights more then a few inches from the canopy, the fixtures as i said let off virtualy no heat so keep them close to your canopy for the better light penetration, LED fixtures can get expensive and quick i think i paid nearly 200 bucks for each fixture but they paid for themselvs after their first grow.

Just looked at the secondsun lights and they are pretty impressive :)(unfortunately so is the price for them). I would like to see a side by side grow and cost effectiveness comparison of this light and our standard T5/hps

Latest posts

Back