Led Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seadog97 said:
Do you have an opinion on LED's vs. T5s for the veg stage?

IMO, the T5 outperforms LEDs by quite a bit.

I have abandoned my MH and use T5s now exclusively to veg.

:yeahthat: People just don't understand. I used to be an electronics technician in my previous life. I recently went everywhere I could online to find high output LEDs, BUT THERE ARE NONE.:eek: The present LED technology doesn't put out many lumens per LED. only 2watts max on the most potent (and expensive) LED available. The key is wattage. Wattage is energy, and plants need that energy to do photosynthesis. HPS and the T5HO bulbs have the highest(efficient) energy transformation from electricity to light photons Of any of the available light systems.:) While LEDs have advanced quite a bit and produce an intense beam, that intensity is the result of laser-like focusing and not from added energy. That is why they are so energy efficient, they don't put out a lot of light energy(which is precisely what plants need):cool:

More and more professional led lights tech information on the topledsupplier website.

anern said:
More and more professional led lights tech information on the topledsupplier website.

anern without realizing it has given us the real answer on LED lights.

I dont think Ive seen someone spam HPS lights, and that tell me suppliers dont have to.
I believe suppliers, believing all the hype when they first came out, bought up warehouses of these things that just are not selling.

my led light has 3w bulbs i have bean growing with hps for meny years so i am just testing the water with led lights but so far the results are talking for them self after all this tec was developt by nasa for growing in space

chris07 said:
my led light has 3w bulbs i have bean growing with hps for meny years so i am just testing the water with led lights but so far the results are talking for them self after all this tec was developt by nasa for growing in space

Pictures??

chris07 said:

Is this the 4 oz's from 4 plants? :rolleyes:

chris07 said:
Nasa aint growing Big Budded Weed Bro,,its small herbs and strawberries and such.:D

WeedHopper said:
Nasa aint growing Big Budded Weed Bro,,its small herbs and strawberries and such.:D

:yeahthat:

and growing big tight buds requires powerful light.

Yeah,,and I like tight butts,:hubba: ,I Mean BUDS.:D
Big Budded Girls needs lots of Lumens.;)

WeedHopper said:

fare play bro but aplant is a plant after all

am not totaly convinst yet but i will see in 5 or 6 weeks whot i get from it

Yur trying to reinvent the wheel Little Brother.
T5s or MH for Vegging
HPS for Flowering
LEDs for Nasa and thier Strawberries.:D Nasa can afford LEDS,,they are using our money.
:stuff-1125699181_i_

LOL Chris....how far does that LED "throw" a lumen? NASA isn't growing foot, 2 foot or taller plants, they're growing sizes ranging in inches. And no, a plant isn't a plant....not even close.

Latest posts

Back