Leggy sprouts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
Sprouted a Tikal and a Honduran; both are leggy. I've got them under veg. lights. but am afraid they will topple over as has happened in the past. Also, in the past, I have back back filled with soil, laced with aloe powder to encourage rooting from the buried stalk; this has worked pretty well in the past.

My question: is there a better way?
1647896973878.png

(popped in soil after an 18-hour soak in H2O2/water combo. & except for seedling stage, an outdoor grow; )

Sprouted a Tikal and a Honduran; both are leggy. I've got them under veg. lights. but am afraid they will topple over as has happened in the past. Also, in the past, I have back back filled with soil, laced with aloe powder to encourage rooting from the buried stalk; this has worked pretty well in the past.

My question: is there a better way?
View attachment 290966
(popped in soil after an 18-hour soak in H2O2/water combo. & except for seedling stage, an outdoor grow; )
Can you get those two closer to the light? Some are more fond of the light

there is a better way but you missed the window

but yeah , if your method works don’t fix it

but next time you use beer cups , only fill the cup halfway with soil….then when your plant starts to stretch until it’s at the top of the cup , then back fill with more soil..

and put them as close to your light source as possible with out burning them

there is a better way but you missed the window

but yeah , if your method works don’t fix it

but next time you use beer cups , only fill the cup halfway with soil….then when your plant starts to stretch until it’s at the top of the cup , then back fill with more soil..

and put them as close to your light source as possible with out burning them
Thanks! I've also got a fan on them to keep them moving in the hope that the movement will strengthen the stem.

easy on the fan or you will blow them over….they are pretty small right now.

another thing you can do is to transplant them into something just a little bigger and bury them right up to the cotyledons

just be careful with hurting the roots

Even if your using CFLs you can grow seedlings. Just make sure your using a daylight bulb and it's close enough not to stretch the seedlings. Do not use the warm light bulbs are you will burn your seedlings up because they get too hot. These we're under CFLs.
20210302_174310.jpg
f28t257p2642n2.jpg
20191106_171047.jpg

I have this LED with 4 lights which I can pull close to the seedlings depending on size. Some of the little seedlings seem to stretch more so I can pull the light to 1” above it to stop the stretching. It seems to work for my needs in a corner of my MBR for as long as I need to keep them in veg even when larger, my plants seem to dig these cheap lights until they make it into the tent for their turn in flower.
1EDDAC0E-A54D-4B0D-90B0-841BFD9AFCEE.jpeg

Everyone has survived, with the tallest now about 6 inches. Since sativas take a very long time to harvest, I was wondering about potting them up to a gallon pot for a couple of months (until June or so) and then into destination pot of at least 5 gallons. My thinking is that given that early summer here can be foggy and cold, so not expecting much growth, they would be happier in a smaller pot, easier to monitor and move around. Then when summer weather kicks in, up they go to bigger digs.
Its gotten into the 80's here daytime so I've been putting them outside during the day, bringing them into the house at night. So no more grow lights.
April 6 group photo 3.JPG

Latest posts

Back