Leonardo's Organic Mini Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonardo De Garden

Reaction score
Going to do a couple of organic plants in the spring. I'm not sure which variety yet, but I have a few things to get done before that becomes critical.

I want to use my own potting mix for it, which calls for a lot of homemade compost. Of which I am currently shy of.

So to start, I'm going to mix up a compost pile, I don't think I have enough material on hand to make a hot pile, but it doesn't freeze here, so even a warm one should have some goodness ready for next season. I've already seen a couple of worms in it. I'll add some more to it to top it off, and a little more after it first starts to shrink.

The starting pile has:

Lawn clippings (mine, no pesticides)
Leaves (also mine, no pesticides)
Cannabis and vegetable garden rootballs, stems, and leaves.
Coffee grounds (free from starbucks)
Some veggie kitchen waste (melon rinds etc)
Fish goo from the coy pond.

CompostSM.JPG

(pic 1) The compost is far enough along to use here. I filtered it, mixed 1-2 parts compost, 1 part coir, and 1 part perlite for the base mix.

(pic 2) Pinched once.

(pic 3) Kitty helping trim the lower leaves. (no I don't "let" him, just can't stop him).

(pic 4) Catnip bud in bloom (yes, my kitties are spoiled, they get buds too)

(pic 5) about ready to flip the lights and start flowering. Top dressed with blood and bone meal, kelp, kelp meal, powdered fish, guano, and a little rock phosphate with just a dash of potash.

LeoGSsm02.jpg

LeoGSsm03.jpg

LeoGSsm04.jpg

LeoGSsm05.jpg

LeoGSsm06.jpg

I like crushing up egg shells for calcium and all the kitchen waste (veg, no meat) helps heat it up too.
Sounds like a plan, green mojo to your organic grow.!

Latest posts

Back