Light Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzywhitelufc

Reaction score
Hi . I have just received a 125w Red spectrum CFl light with cable and plug.
Fantastic service and I am pleased with the lamp,but what I cant see anywhere on the
packaging,bulb or web site is the lumens. Does any one know?

some where between 8500 and 12000 depending on the bulb google how many lumens is a 125 cfl

ozzywhitelufc said:
Hi . I have just received a 125w Red spectrum CFl light with cable and plug.
Fantastic service and I am pleased with the lamp,but what I cant see anywhere on the
packaging,bulb or web site is the lumens. Does any one know?

....just curious, why would you buy a bulb that you did not know the lumens? That is one of the first things I look for when shopping for bulbs to grow with...

Thanks for your answers, I bought it knowing the output of the 300w but not the 125w and with my grow room being small i knew my lumens would be well over the 5k per square foot required for flowering.
Need welding goggles when I go in now.
Too much light isnt a problem is it!!!!

Cheers

Ozzy

I dont really think you can flower much of anything with a 125watt cfl. I think you would end up with like 5 grams of fluffy fluff. If you are going to use cfls get at least 20,000 lumen's or its not going to be wirth your while

Why does everyone use cfl's? I just don't get it. I see the intial cost thing, ventilation, etc. In the end legal or not, why all the effort if in the end your not getting straight dank, thick too. I know there are a few select growers that do well with them, but.... Idk.

I'm with you nouvel, if your going to do it....do it to the max, get the most out of it you can. I think most people that start out like this, will either give up, or upgrade.

Hi, Looks like no one has much faith in CFL Lights. Will keep you posted,my Californian lady is 4 weeks into flower.Hope I can achieve some good results!!
If I knew how to attach my Grow journal may be you all could check it out!

Cheers

hey ozzywhitelufc i use a 250watt for veg and it works great dont no about flowering never tryed i think the best way to flower with the cfl bulb would be a scrog and get the bulb really close any bud you get from a grow is good bud in my eyes anyway happy growing

Hey bud...not that I don't have confidence in them...by all means I wish you success. What I meant is if your going to do it, why not just use an HID, and get the most out of your plants genetics? To each his own! I'm all for getting the most out of a situation, and I hope you grow some killer!

ozzywhitelufc said:
Thanks for your answers, I bought it knowing the output of the 300w but not the 125w and with my grow room being small i knew my lumens would be well over the 5k per square foot required for flowering.
Need welding goggles when I go in now.
Too much light isnt a problem is it!!!!

Cheers

Ozzy

You do not have too much light. I am guessing that that light is around 8500 lumens or good for less than 2 sq ft. If you can "go in" to your grow space, you do not have enough light. And the light your eye perceives ("need welding goggles") has nothing at all to do with things. Halogens are extremely bright, but are absolutely no good for growing.

Here are the facts: Lumen for lumen, CFLs set-ups cost more to purchase initially, cost more to operate every single month, put out more heat, and produce substantially less bud than a HPS. A 150W HPS will give you 15000 lumens--6500 more lumens for only 25 watts more and the 150W will penetrate far further than the CFL..

You can do just fine vegging with CFLs, but when it comes to flowering, a HPS is just going to do much better for less money. It is not that we do not have much "faith" in CFLs--it is that we have seen many, many grows done with CFLs and we have seen many,many people do the switch. And money wise, CFLs are simply not the best investment.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You do not have too much light. I am guessing that that light is around 8500 lumens or good for less than 2 sq ft. If you can "go in" to your grow space, you do not have enough light. And the light your eye perceives ("need welding goggles") has nothing at all to do with things. Halogens are extremely bright, but are absolutely no good for growing.

Here are the facts: Lumen for lumen, CFLs set-ups cost more to purchase initially, cost more to operate every single month, put out more heat, and produce substantially less bud than a HPS. A 150W HPS will give you 15000 lumens--6500 more lumens for only 25 watts more and the 150W will penetrate far further than the CFL..

You can do just fine vegging with CFLs, but when it comes to flowering, a HPS is just going to do much better for less money. It is not that we do not have much "faith" in CFLs--it is that we have seen many, many grows done with CFLs and we have seen many,many people do the switch. And money wise, CFLs are simply not the best investment.

i agree with THG will all no they work in veg and if thats all you got then flower with them you may not get pounds of bud but you will get some bud to be proud of thats the joy of growing

Thanks Guys And Goddesses, my limits financially and space are very light and fluffy at present. I want to achieve the best possible results with what i have at present. This is my first attempt and am loving the experience and challenge.
Update to my grow in a few days.
Pass me my goggles Wench!!!!!

Cheers

Ozzy

Hi Fruity, Kandy Kush Update for you with colour photos,subject to her indoors(she is the official photo genius) on sunday!! Its doing real Good

Cheers
Ozzy

Good Luck to you bud! I understand working with what you've got, and wish you all the best...something is better than nothing!

Latest posts

Back