Light Fixture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheStickyIcky

Fear and Loathing.
Reaction score
I was reading LongTimeGrowers grow journal and I saw something that caught my eye. He has a fixture that he screws 12 CFL's into and apparently he can just raise and lower it as needed. I'm going to include a picture that I got from his GJ. But, my question is what is this called and where might I find it? Does anyone have any experiences with them? This would definitely eliminate alot of the hassle of a whole bunch of cords everywhere when growing with CFL's.
Here is the picture:

attachment.php

So why don't you ask him? ;)

I'm guessing it's homemade, but I could be wrong...

I did ask him in his GJ. But, I wanted to get other peoples input as well.

That would make things so much easier for me as well. Any info on this device would be great.

Yea I'm tagging along cause I would like to know too

i made sumthing like that...i took 8 light fixtured and i took a peice of plywood and cut 8 holes in it then placed the lights into it and wired them but ive never seen nething like that

Hay stickicky I sure like that light fixture myself that longtimegrower has tooo and I am interesting in that because I have alot of extra cfl lites new and use and would love to Burn those Lights out!!

TheStickyIcky said:
I did ask him in his GJ. But, I wanted to get other peoples input as well.

I think I have searched the net to find a Fixture like longtimegrower has and haven't seen anything like that anywhere !! hope he comes back on to talk with us!!!

yes please let us know i would love to pick something like that up

that to me looks like what they use in dentist offices, the light over top the chair. im sure those fixtures could take those lights

ktownlegend said:
that to me looks like what they use in dentist offices, the light over top the chair. im sure those fixtures could take those lights

nope i have looked all over the net..

i'd seriously check medical supply it looks like that kind of fixture

Flyinghigh said:
Nope nothing like that!!

hmmm....... thats a tricky one there, i'll talk to my personal adivser about that tuesday and let u know, he owns the hydroponics shop(pretty much how i got all my supplies) and see what he has sitting around or if hes seen nething like it. hes an old timer so maybe u'll get lucky.

ktownlegend said:
hmmm....... thats a tricky one there, i'll talk to my personal adivser about that tuesday and let u know, he owns the hydroponics shop(pretty much how i got all my supplies) and see what he has sitting around or if hes seen nething like it. hes an old timer so maybe u'll get lucky.

If u have a printer and can print take that Pix and chop it so the plants don't show and print it out and show him and that way he can see it and Maybe he can tell yea where to go!!
thank you

WOW, Hey that is a cool looking setup huh ? Man I'm almost willing to go out on a limb here, and wager you aren't going to find that that easily if at all.
I'm thinking machined in someone's garage as in homemade, but it is killer isn't it.!!!
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I have searched this net hi and low. the only thing I can figure is he found it at a hydro shop or something. I have looked everywhere on this thing and give up. Or like Kahuna said. It's a hood that has been converted or something.

ktownlegend said:

I would agree ktown, it sure does look medical. When you look at those handles it's hanging by, those are actually handles. I'm thinking field of action lighting for one of the medical trades. The puke green color sure makes me think older dentist office.:)

honestly to me it looks like one of two things, a magnified lens light fixture commonly found hanging over surgery tables, dentist chairs, and tanning salons. the only other possibility would be for photography, somethings along the lines of a flood light with multiple fixtures for different lights to produce the right shadows in pictures, i'll be talking to my hydro shop guy tomorrow about it. i've looked on the net also, the best i can come up for u to home fab one is: one of the 4 light flood setups, gonna cost u a lil bit, then wire an additional fixture it to each space. u might have to change the already present fixtures, but they make those flood lights to be taken apart so ur good to go if u know how to build and wire.

Latest posts

Back