Light requirements...mystery exposed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swalke1888

Reaction score
The light requirements for a given light cycle had confused me for awhile and finally I sat down and figured out a few things. The attached document details terminology, light requirements, and calculations for several grow room scenarios. I hope that this finds someone that can double check the solution process. And as always I am willing to answer any questions...

View attachment garden light calculation.doc

wow, that was some complex looking equations. My poor laymans brain began to hurt as I stared at the numbers/letters/squigly lines and tried to divine the meaning of life. In the end I just lit up a fatty and resigned to check it out another day....:)

Hello Swalke1888

Thanks for the info :)

Ive added it as a picture just in case some members do not have a word.doc opener :aok:

2 Ann.JPG

Thanks Hippy...

And Friend try to focus on the examples; the equations are for us geeks...if you have any specific questions Ill try to answer them...

For a robust grow it is important to understand that plants require significantly different amounts of light at different stages in life. Correctly sizing an indoor lighting system will lead to lower energy bills and more efficient space usage. Thanks for the question...I should have made that clearer before.

Latest posts

Back