Advertise On Marijuana Passion

LIghting question

Mysterious

Reaction score
i am getting ready to start a new grow op. Will two 65 watt flourex bulbs(the ones TBG uses in his box) be suitable for growing to full maturity? there only about 30-40 bux a piece i could go with three if i had too.

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Mysterious said:
i am getting ready to start a new grow op. Will two 65 watt flourex bulbs(the ones TBG uses in his box) be suitable for growing to full maturity? there only about 30-40 bux a piece i could go with three if i had too.
Whats up Mysterious. IMO you could do a full grow with those lights but you will end up with fluffy buds. Those lights are great for veg but you should think about getting a HPS system for flower.

Mysterious

Reaction score
I got a 150 watt HPS now but it gets soo hot in my grow room. Are there any Flourescents that can handle full grow?

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Mysterious said:
I got a 150 watt HPS now but it gets soo hot in my grow room. Are there any Flourescents that can handle full grow?
Not that i can think of Mysterious. Have you ever thought about getting a cool tube for your HPS.

Mysterious

Reaction score
Cool Tube? I think im just gonna scrap the Flourescent idea, and get a 300-400 watt HPS like every other green thumb.

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Mysterious said:
Cool Tube? I think im just gonna scrap the Flourescent idea, and get a 300-400 watt HPS like every other green thumb.
Mysterious if it's to hot in your grow room with your 150 watt HPS it will be boiling hot if you get a 400 watt HPS.

Mysterious

Reaction score
I've got a whole room emptied out where the 400 watter would go. Im thinking about building a grow table. Sort of like a ping pong table with sides and an arch over to hang the light from.

A

AceT9

I have used a 125 watt full spectrum cfl for my flowering and it was okay....but not the as good as a hps...

Now i am using 2 125 watt full spectrum cfls

A

AceT9

The reason why i use them is because they are not that much money. They cost me like $55 for each bulb. Each bulb equals 12,000 lumens

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
They cost me like $55 for each bulb.
I recently purchased a 1000 watt hps for the same money....140,000 lumens.
Those flouro's don't sound like any bargain.

teckS

Reaction score
the only reason the floros are cheaper is they are cheaper to run and the ballast for that 1000watt hps cost you what... like $150-$250?, the light fixtures for floros are much less expensive.. at least they are at my friendly neighborhood hardware store

A

AceT9

Where did you get that deal hick? The reason why i use cfls is because they do not get that hot and cost less. Now if i find a deal like that $55 dollars for a 1000 hps i will reconsider:rolleyes:

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
the bulb was purchased at a local electical supply store. The ballast was $200 to my door, from some company online. New, not rebuilt.

HPS is also more effecient, watt/per lumen, than the flourescents. That is the same amount of lumens will cost you more to produce with flourescents than with hps.

I still don't see the bargain.

teckS

Reaction score
thats a pretty good deal on the ballast as well. yeah. hps murder any other light in wattage to lumen ratio

Latest posts