Lighting,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner

Trouble Focusing
Reaction score
Hi,
im only growing one plant how much lighting would i need?

In the future, post this in the lights section.

For every square foot you need AT LEAST 3000 lumens, but 5000 would be ideal. That said, measure how many square feet your grow space is and see.

You'll need to decide what kind of lights you will be using for your grow. CFL, HPS, or MH. These stand for- Compact fluoroescent Light, high pressure sodium, metal halide. The last 2 are HID (high intensity discharge) lights. They put out much more light, generate a bit more heat, but are much more efficient than CFLs. CFLs generate less light per bulb and in the end when you have tons of them in the grow chamber they actually generate more heat than the single HID.

Only growing one plant, you could probably get some good results with a single 250w HPS light. I think thats something like 25-30,000 lumens. A 400w puts out 55,000 lumens. A 600w puts out 85-95,000 lumens depending on the bulb. I forget what the 750, 800, and 1000w systems put out. But for a single plant a 250w or 400w would be the best.

Latest posts

Back