[little green] MONSTERS IN MY CLOSET

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta9

Psychonaut
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone!
This is my first indoor grow attempt- six plants from seed in soil.
Cherry Bomb [1]
White Widow x Big Bud [2]
Animal Cookies [1]
Girl Scout Cookies [1]
Kosher Kush x Girl Scout Cookies [1]

Germinated under 125w cfl. Vegging under 400w metal halide.
Flowering under 600w HPS.

So far I’ve made a few rookie mistakes..and had some challenges along the way–pests eating my leaves, nutrient deficiencies, some pretty cold temps too…
We are entering into Autumn here in my part of the world..[or Fall depending on your geography] and we’ve already had snow.

I've learnt a lot in a very short time- thanks to some great advice and some real inspirational gardening going on here at MP!

..first to sprout-Cherry Bomb [Day ONE]..
View attachment 20140502_144102.jpg

Isn't "she" cute! Green mojo to you grow. Read all ya can on this great site and be sure to ask for help if you need it.

Isn't "she" cute! Green mojo to you grow. Read all ya can on this great site and be sure to ask for help if you need it.

Thankyou Rose- "she" certainly is..And I most definitely will! :)

I know I know..just a bunch of 'boring' seedling/veg pics..Not much to interest the seasoned growers out there...But I promise -thats all I will add till week 8 of veg, after which time I will switch to flower and things will hopefully get a little more interesting.:)

We like pictures of all stages... You plants look very nice.

I made an executive decision in the first week of flower to axe three plants from my grow..

My main 3 plants are growing short and bushy [see pics below]as I had intended and these other three -[all Girl Scout Cookies varieties] were growing tall with really long shade leaves and just not compatible with my main grow.

Not a total loss though- I took it as an opportunity to practice my cloning technique [first ever attempt] and I've got about 24 clones from the cast outs- healthy and doing well so far..If they root I may veg them for awhile and throw them back into flower with the others, or pick the best as mothers or else give them away:)

My main three -2 white widow x big bud and 1 cherry bomb are nearing the end of their second week of flower now. Lots of bud sites popping up.

My bat guano arrived in the mail today -and I will be following Soma's tea recipe from next week onwards.
View attachment 20140704_204222.jpg

View attachment 20140704_204234.jpg

Looks good, I'm sure you did the right thing by removing the plants, It looks like it would be far to cramped in there without it.

Once again good job.

Looking good. Yeah I don't see you having much success with 6 plants packed in there. Tough decision but it was the right one.

Today is the third week of 12/12 and the flowers are in full bloom!:banana:
I'm pretty happy with how everything is going-although it was unfortunate to have to remove three plants to make space-my clones from the plants I removed have rooted with 100% success!

I just made my first batch of compost tea and my girls will be getting a regular dose of that from here on in. There is an overwhelming amount of info out there on teas- my first attempt was aborted, for my second attempt I used a very basic composite recipe based on the many recipes i found online -I would appreciate any opinions or suggestions on the recipe from any veterans out there.

10 L aerated water
2 cups earth worm castings
2 tsp bat guano
5 mls liquid seaweed
1 TBSP unsulphured mollasses

brewed for 18-36 hours min [I will brew for 48]
mix 50/50 with additional aerated water and apply

[/attach]

Attachments

• P1030715.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 91
  • P1030719.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 119
If i was a marijuana plant, i would be glad you were taking care of me. What a nice job.

If i was a marijuana plant, i would be glad you were taking care of me. What a nice job.

Aw thanks Rose-that sure is kind of you to say:)
It's growers like yourself that inspire me -I love the results you get with your satori btw. I hope to grow myself a bale of that stuff one day..

..Actually my next batch of seeds arrived yesterday-all blues and purples..:D

Nice job with the tea

Cheers- this batch is frothing away nicely-so that tells me microbial life is alive and kicking!

You brew much tea yourself?

It's such a deep subject all of it's own -i've come to realise

Cheers- this batch is frothing away nicely-so that tells me microbial life is alive and kicking!

You brew much tea yourself?

It's such a deep subject all of it's own -i've come to realise

I only had the room for learning how to grow and perfecting that. I will be getting more room here soon, then composting, worm farming and teas will be learned and perfected

Latest posts

Back