Low Stress Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_riz

Reaction score
Ok, Ive been discussing different growing techniques with a mate of mine, and he said 'low stress training' was an excelent way of maximising bud from your plants.. only problem is it seems to be purely for potted plants.

Anybody know of a similar method for hydro? or has anybody had any experience with what looks to me like a slightly dodgy but possibly brilliant method of maximising buds?

2mm7f9u.jpg

Edit:

For our next grow, I was considering giving the 'bush' a try, with chickenwire..

seaofgreenmarijuana.jpg

Anybody had any experience with this technique? Easy to maintain / extract bud?

riz

I'll be trying this with my first grow of skunk seeds. I have the same question regarding a hydro setup

i tried it with hydro and after i was done i had to string my plants up all kinds of ways cause they wanted to tip over not saying there isnt a way i would like to know myself

"only problem is it seems to be purely for potted plants"
It isn't the same idea for hydro grows? It seems to be just reshaping the plant as it grows, which shouldn't be much different in hydro.
If your setup doesn't allow for training sticks to be shuved in the dirt, you could maybe make a small wood frame, and use string for the same technique.
Is there a difference between Low Stress Training and Sea Of Green?
My concern with this type of technique is the time needed. How many ties would a full grown plant have, and how many plants are you growing? Might be more trouble than it's worth--does anyone have any yield numbers they could share?

The only way i can think LST would work in hydro is if you built yeah, a wooden frame, 1 level worth, maybe some nice widely spaced plastic chicken wire, 1 sheet of.

you could keep your plants in the veg state, curl it round and round and round until its 3 times as big as regular, but taking up the same amount of room!

would be nice lol

sounds like a plan to me. just need to find some chicken wire now. either that, or make a wooden frame and make a mesh out of string...

^^I was thinking the same thing>a frame of some sort.Bubby SOG and LST are two dif. techniques>SOG is planting more plants /sq.ft (More than 2) than you would normally do.It allows more rapid growth of tops compared 2 the bottom.

Latest posts

Back