Low Temps (at night)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trueshoe

Reaction score
I was planning on planting about a little over week ago but I kept seeing lows in the low to mid 30's... So I waited for it to warm up some near me (in the Midwest).

Now all the lows are in the low 40's. Is that too cold? There are a few days with lows of 49 and 50 but most are around 40 - 42 degrees. Should I wait longer to plant or is it prime? The high temps are in the mid 60's. Is the extra week of growing woth potentially throwing my plants into shock right off the bat?...

I know frost (which I'm well past) kills plants but how cold (on average) can a MJ plant withstand without going into shock?

patience is called for trueshoe ! seedlings will not survive in those temps 75f is a good average temp wait until then ! peace !

It might be a little early for seedlings but I have already put about 20 out that are a couple weeks old. I read that people were putting there plants out three weeks ago when it was still in the 30s at night. I would wait another week if I was you.

plants dont always die when a frost hits but seedlings or a really young mj plant might. im from the midwest too and im seeing about the same temps as you. i'm waiting for another week, maybe two, until i germ my seeds. then ill grow them for a week or two under a cfl and then put them outside. theyve got all year to grow, dont blow it because you really want to see some weed growing. itll happen, just wait out the weather.

I wait until the night time temp stay above 50 F with day in the 65 to 75 F range If you set out early, fill 2 or 3 milk jugs with water and set in the sun. Set these around your plants at night they will give off the heat they absorbed during the day.helping to protect young plant from cooler temp.

I like my night time temps to be consistently above 49f before planting seeds or clones.

you can put something over them to take off some of the bite from the cold. take a gallon water jug or similar and cut out holes in the side for vent then put it over your plant.

Latest posts

Back