making the most out of your one 400 watt hps =)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G_48911

Fellow Grower
Reaction score
my friend(same one i bought my dripper system from)told me he has one of these light movers he'll let me get off him for $40 he said it has a 6ft
track.(he said he paid a couple hundred buck for it) he said this is how he ran all four of the systems he had going.(which all had 40 plants on them)each system had its own 400 watt hps with track and motor.i was just wondering if any of you guys or ladies on this forum use one of these.
i mean,how could you go wrong,that motor has to use less energy than a 400 watt or a 1000 watt hps.I already have a 400 watt hps but i'm thinking about upgrading to a 1000 watt hps and just putting it on this mover.what do ya think? input will be appreciated-Thanks\

p.s.
These are the light movers i'm talking about.
http://www.hhydro.com/cgi-bin/hhydro/GROW_LIGHT_MOVER.html?id=Wj3IZyti

I had a light mover i used for a couple grows. it worked awsome! I got an aircooled hood though and didn't wanna screw with the ducting. I would say grab that for 40 bucks. I paid like 175 i think... ouch!!!

i thought about a light mover once and was told they dont do much for yield or quality. if you move a 400 watt on that "6ft track" the plants on the wrong end will not have any light(a 400 aint gonna go 6ft) for what percentage of the lite on period? never used one myslf so i really dont know first hand though. BTW i think the 1000 would benefit you the most with it cause of the math and all.

A mover can be a good thing if you have enough light. I used to use a 400W over the smaller plants and a 1000W over the larger plants when my closet was full. I now use only the 1000W. If the closet is full, I turn the mover on. I have a closet that is 3' x 6.5' x 7.5'. I am running a 1000W with a large air cooled reflector. The ducting can be a pain when on a mover, but it can be done.

Latest posts

Back