male or female ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
hey growers ive had these 2 sleestack vegging now for nearly 7 weeks and when 1 of them shown pre flower i thought it was female now im not that sure
the second 1 i cant tell atall it doesnt look male or female any advice would be great heres the pics
1 to 4 are the first plant that i thought was female but after 2 weeks like this still no white hairs
5 the second plant

SDC11164.JPG

SDC11165.JPG

SDC11166.JPG

SDC11167.JPG

SDC11171.JPG

i cannot tell if they are male or female yet. none of them are showing signs either way, that i can see. might have to just flower them and find out.

looks like they are still not showing yet, that does seem like a long time to have to wait though. Putting them under 12/12 won't do anything until they are mature, and from the looks of your pics they are not sexually mature yet. (not showing any alternateing nodes) putting them in a 12/12 environment will only slow down the process right now, until they show mature.

On a brighter note, one pic does look to have a calyx to me, but just no hairs protruding yet...I'd say your very close to being able to tell.

legalize_freedom said:
looks like they are still not showing yet, that does seem like a long time to have to wait though. Putting them under 12/12 won't do anything until they are mature, and from the looks of your pics they are not sexually mature yet. (not showing any alternateing nodes) putting them in a 12/12 environment will only slow down the process right now, until they show mature.

On a brighter note, one pic does look to have a calyx to me, but just no hairs protruding yet...I'd say your very close to being able to tell.

hey LF they have alt nodes i no there none in the pic but on the rest of the plant there is thats where im :confused: like you said it looks like calyxs with out any hairs the plant has been like this for 2 weeks i may just have to choice plant 1 and hope for the best thanks for your advice:)

well if they have alternateing nodes, then you may have to flip to find out...I can't tell with those pics, if it's been 2 weeks like that, then I'd probably just flip them, if they are the size you want them. Or you could take clones and put them on 12/12 if these aren't where you want them yet.

Tell me a little more about the Slee. I am gonna run it. Heard it was slow grower? I will be watching.

Latest posts

Back