Mandala's Satori

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0rps

Canna Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everybody, thanks for coming by and checking out my garden. I've decided to try Mandala's Satori this cycle. I have read many great things about Mandala, especially about their Satori! Looking to find a nice female to clone (SOG), male to pollinate, and thinking about inbreeding.. Any questions, tips, or tricks please leave a comment, otherwise enjoy the ride! :icon_smile:

Strain: Mandala's Satori
Lights: CFLs for now, then 600 watt HPS
Medium: 2 in coco, 1 in soil (Amazon Bloom by Earthjuice)
Nutes: Canna Coco A & B, rhizo, maxi-cal, Ro water
How old: about 3 weeks

CIMG6502 (Copy).JPG

It is a great strain, a joy to grow a bigger joy to smoke. Enjoy the ride and Green Mojo to you.

Satori is probably my favorite strain. I think you are going to really like her. Watch your nutes. Mandala strains are quite efficient in their nutrient uptake. There seem to be a few of us that have some Satori about the same age.

Will be ordering when the promo starts, can't wait to get her growing!!

Thanks for the Mojo, Rose! :) Already this strain is a beauty. There is something about this strain that has already captured my interest. All day I keep an eye on them to see their new growth. :watchplant:

THG, have you ever inbreeded this strain? I was looking to find a male and pollinate a female satori with the intention of having many Satori to grow in the future. What do you think?
The Satori in the soil mix, I believe, is suffering from nute burn. The soil comes packed full of different organic nutrients, but was a little too strong on the seedling. She has slow growth compared to the Satori in coco/perlite mix, but still kickin! :batman:

Roddy, which promo are you talking about? This plant is nice to have around, you wont be disappointed. :icon_smile:

IMO, seedlings should be started with no nutes at all. Have you read Mandala's germination guide? If not, it is recommended reading.

No, I have not made any seeds--I generally leave that to the experts. However, if I get a male, I am going to collect some pollen and cross it back with a Dynamite x Satori cross I got from a buddy a few years ago. I generally just clone my plants.

Here are my Satori, hope you dont mind me tossing a few pics up, they are looking good at a little over a month old.

001.JPG

009.JPG

I've read a few of Mandala's guides. You're right, the seedling should have been grown a bit longer in the rockwool cube before putting it into soil. I was anxious to get the plant into a pot. I'm doing a side by side experiment between soil and coco. Coco by far exceeds soil, at least in this stage.

I don't mind taking a gander at your plants :)
Very nice grow, Dman. They're looking healthy!
Green Mojo to you.

Beautiful, green, well developed Satori -- congrats --I would get that electrical strip up off the floor though -- pretty dangerous all exposed like that... JMO

Peace

Those are some beautiful plants. They look like a 50/50 blend of sat/ind, at least in the veg form. I love the structure and color. My Blue Mystic start out looking very similar. :)

I almost lost mine. I was out of town for 5 days and they ran out of water. I came home to find them all wilty and bent over...it happens sometimes. I have 3 plants about the same age as dmans vegging in a 5 gal tote together. I trimmed off that which I deemed wouldn't recover. They are looking a little better today and I believe that they are going to recover.

One of the things I have found with Satori is that while they like their ppms lower, they drink up nute solution faster than most of my other strains.

Satori 002-1.jpg

Well ... It is a very good sativa ... But it looks like a very late finisher ... The 3 Satori that i had went 11 weeks flowering ( plus two weeks when changing to 12/12 ) and i guess that they could take a little more.

Because of this i think that i will not keep mine. Too many weeks for my taste. But waiting for the cure to see the magic happens ... And perhaps my opinion will change :hubba:

I have four clones, one big girl in flowering, and one in veg. I don't want to ever run out of satori again.

bho_expertz said:
Well ... It is a very good sativa ... But it looks like a very late finisher ... The 3 Satori that i had went 11 weeks flowering ( plus two weeks when changing to 12/12 ) and i guess that they could take a little more.

Because of this i think that i will not keep mine. Too many weeks for my taste. But waiting for the cure to see the magic happens ... And perhaps my opinion will change :hubba:

BHO, I believe this is because your plants are not sexually mature before you switch them to 12/12--they simply have to reach a certain level of maturity before they will flower regardless of when you switch them. Mine generally go 9-10 weeks. I've grown this strain for a long time and I have never had to take one out 11 weeks to get it to finish.

Rosebud, I'm with you. Satori is without a doubt one of my favorite strains. I have one that is at 9 weeks today. I took one of the big colas and trimmed it last night. I will probably take a week to trim this, just doing a little at a time.

Satori 004-1.jpg

Satori 008-1.jpg

Satori 006-1.jpg

THG - As you know i count the weeks since i see some pistils. I'm very happy with Satori don't think that i'm not. But i don't know. I have her and i will run some clones of her after the SuperSkunk and perhaps things will be different that time. Also you can have a quickier finisher then i. Awesome buds THG.

Green Mojo k0prs. Looking good.

Beautiful! I take mine at about 63 day. Enjoy.

Did I mention I have Satori seeds too? sounds kinda obsessive huh?

I've seen my plants like that too, THG. Its a heart wrencher, but they seem to bounce right back up after a nice gulp of water. Wow, big plants! I aspire to one day grow as big as you..
I've been keeping my levels around .65 mS, feeding by hand with small cup once a day.

Rosebud, if there is one thing I've have learned in the short time I have been growing, is that this hobby quickly turns into a life's passion. The best feeling is harvesting your crop but also having seeds to experiment with. "Hello, my name is k0rps, and I'm addicted to growing pot." :farm:

Thanks BHO, your plants are looking nice and fat! I see all these pictures of Satori with huge colas. Is this what I should be expecting?? :icon_smile:
I really think those flowers are truly amazing though.

My imagination takes me away with smells of a lemony grass field, dancing freely in the warm breeze. A sticky resin that catches my eye reflecting a sensual sun. While in this daze, I find myself comforted by the drifting world of Satori. Ahh, life is good. :holysheep:

The Satori were transplanted yesterday into 6" square containers. They were placed into a coco/perlite/mykos mix. There is a distinct difference between two of the Satori I have. Has anyone else experienced this difference in their seedlings?

Satori
IMG_3393 (Copy).JPG
K0rpus
IMG_3394 (Copy).JPG
Loopsi
IMG_3395 (Copy).JPG

Everytime I plant a 5 pack of like strain. It's phenotypic drift between both parent plants...From what I've read on the Satori, there's one pheno that's spear like shaped buds and a punchier indica pheno with fuller rounder nugs. Could be more, how bout you, THG, how many pheno's have you seen/grown?

I got 3 very different phenos off the Satori (pics in the grow journal), however the smoke from each seems consistent. Not one I'd do again from without aiming towards cuttings of the midget bush pheno.

Reminds me to update that journal - so far I've got 3 seeds from my bush baby's momentary encounter with a Satori male!

looks good korps...that last baby looks hungry?

i force flower everything i grow at four weeks veg, and an eight/nine week flower. veg plants are usually around 4-6 nodes when i flip them. been doing it that same way for five years.:)

mojo for the babies...

(thg, rocking those tubs!):cool:

Latest posts

Back