Marc Emery, the Whole Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MergeLeft

I feel better already!
Reaction score
If you're interested in the Canadian seed-seller known as the "Prince of Pot," the 3 million $ empire he built, his in-their-face activism, & the full details of how & why he was busted, check out this article. Here's the opening followed by the link:

High Crimes, or A Tokin' Figure?
Canadians Find the 'Prince of Pot' Harmless. The DEA Begs to Differ.

By Doug Struck
Washington Post Foreign Service
Saturday, March 18, 2006; C01

VANCOUVER
Sweet marijuana smoke tumbles down the steps from "the Vapor Lounge," a corner of Marc Emery's bookstore where customers toke up at will.
"We get high with everybody," Emery says, shrugging. "This is a pilgrimage spot, and people come here from all over the world. We get high."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/17/AR2006031701906_pf.html

I dont think thats the whole story.. but it lets you into the world of marc emery... they forgot to say that when the us drug czar came to vacouver to threaten them about their lax laws on drugs, their clean needle exchanges etc... that marc took a picture with the drug czar just as he told him he was the editor for CC mag... that doesnt exactly make them wanna be friends with you.... and made the drug czar look retarded really...

That pic with the drug czar was high-larious...you're right, it's not complete (WA Post is pretty straight :hubba: ) but it's the most complete I've run across and whenever the man's name comes up, everybody speculates and you get bits & pieces, so I figured I'd put this up.

One of these nights, I'm gonna see if I can retrieve the pleadings (charges) filed on him to see how strong a case they hobbled together. :(

Latest posts

Back