Marc Emery's sentence reeks of injustice and mocks our sovereignty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said King, it is irrelevant whether or not you like Emery, the implications of this case are staggering. It's unfortunate some are to naive to read behind the lines and see the underlying message, with well thought out posts like yours perhaps a view minds will change.

the last thing i want is to be shunned from this site.. im a very open person.. and it getsme in trouble sometimes but, you "country" america has the most retarded gov's... you guys may yes be a wealthy, "powerful" par say country but that doesnt mean you can do what ya want.. to take someone from there country and jail them in theres.. is not right at all.. same goes for taking oil over seas.. if america spent more time dealing with them selfs there would be a big change in the world.....

all i had to say thank you
LH

Lets keep it "marijuana related"..

kaotik said:
that's fine. it's not smart.. but it's also not illegal. (*he also sent many seed cataloges to many governing officials to taunt them)

i agree he was totally thumbing his nose at them, and also agree he's pretty dumb for doing so.. but he has every right to do so.
they're bending laws to get him.. how can some of you sit back and not care (and even support it) because of who it is they're doing it to?

yeah if he was just Joe blow seed seller, who never raised a fuss or tried to do stuff for legalization, they might not have gone after him.. that doesn't change or make it ok though

kaotik, yer 100% correct and I am of the opinion that what the unconstitutional corrupt organization called the D E A did was a blatant illegal hostile act of aggression to a foreign soverignty....BUT, and this is a big BUTT here... CANADA SAT BACK AND ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN. Matter of fact, they aided the US D E A! The politicians up there had nothing to lose with getting rid of this marijuana merchant/politician/thorn in their sides and will sit back with less resistance when their politico's take over.

Having the US incarcerate someone from another country that committed that crime in the other country isn't all wrong. I totally disagree with the Emery deal but look at it from a different view. What if he was building nukes to lob at us. I am sure we all would have no problem locking that person up for life. Having a powerful gov't does keep us somewhat safe from foreign takeover. As far as the seed selling deal, it's a waste of our tax dollars.

My standpoint is this...
He knew the risks when he got into the business.
He has made tons of money from it
He threw it in the US's face and did give Canada a black eye (prolly why they stood back and let it happen)
He knew how tough we were on drug laws...everyone in the world knows that :p From the stories of Columbia and our special forces going after escabar and people of the sort...he knew there was a great risk. period.
He made his bed now lie in it. He didn't do one thing to help our cause...except tick off the feds. Also his seeds sucked. :p
I have no sympathy for the guy.

fishcabo said:
Having the US incarcerate someone from another country that committed that crime in the other country isn't all wrong. I totally disagree with the Emery deal but look at it from a different view. What if he was building nukes to lob at us. I am sure we all would have no problem locking that person up for life. Having a powerful gov't does keep us somewhat safe from foreign takeover. As far as the seed selling deal, it's a waste of our tax dollars.

as I previously posted...EXACTAMUNDO!!! I was just yinning the yang of my previous comment. F w/ the bull and u get the horns and agitate the sleeping bull Emery did. Not right he's in jail for slinging some god's finest beans but still... :(

Mutt said:
My standpoint is this...
He knew the risks when he got into the business.
He has made tons of money from it
He threw it in the US's face and did give Canada a black eye (prolly why they stood back and let it happen)
He knew how tough we were on drug laws...everyone in the world knows that :p From the stories of Columbia and our special forces going after escabar and people of the sort...he knew there was a great risk. period.
He made his bed now lie in it. He didn't do one thing to help our cause...except tick off the feds. Also his seeds sucked. :p
I have no sympathy for the guy.
Ayup...exactly bud...and thats the long and short of the matter. Not right he's in an AMERICAN jail, BUT NOT RIGHT compromising the seed vendor business either by blabbing about it.

Much P&L my CannaFriends,

7greeneyes - :joint:

Latest posts

Back