Marijuana and Anarchy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themadhatter

EAT! your heart out....
Reaction score
Below is the original content, i wanted to change the wording of the question so 'not to offend'

what do you think about marijuana in an activist community?

Hi, im working on a 'new age' Neo Anarchist forum, the staff is comeing together nice, i dont wanna get too off topic about weed but i wanted to know what people thought about Marijuana in a Anarchist world. (keep in mind that neo anarchists are not about violent overthrows but working politics agenst politics) our state just passed a medical-pot bill. as a smoker im inclined to work tward a legal marijuana world but other anarchist dont think that it is such a great idea. Are there any anarchist here that share the same views? are there any that are inclined to help the cause? im not sure if i have a main point to everything but i was mainly curious about this bit of news i got.

... but one of my favorite lines on the subject is: "Pot isn't subversive because it's illegal. It's illegal because it's subversive."

A pew points from a former anarchist (when I was ALOT younger obviously)

1. Anarchy is a self contradicting term.
2. Anarchy is IMPOSSIBLE when the human equation is added.
3. True Anarchy only exists in space. But then again the void is control, so is gravity...so perhaps it is not possible in our particular universe/dimension.

4. We would ALL love to have no governing body, but alas, we are but animals with art, and emotions.

...not possible.

yes but if you read more carfully im talking about a new, re-vamped term of anarchy. prolly not the greatest term to use but it works for me. old school anarchy has alot of holes in it as effen says, but my sence of anarchy doesnt consist of no govenment, hence the 'neo'. i know its not the proper term but i cant relly think of anything that would sound any better. i dont want the world to be without government or rules, too many people rely on that structure, our neo anarchist world will consist of people trying to make improvements on the govenment. (catching cops breaking the law ect...) expose the curruptness for what it is and take out all the evil of the govenment. therefore making the world a better place, still full of laws and govenment but without all the curruption.

themadhatter said:
yes but if you read more carfully im talking about a new, re-vamped term of anarchy. prolly not the greatest term to use but it works for me. old school anarchy has alot of holes in it as effen says, but my sence of anarchy doesnt consist of no govenment, hence the 'neo'. i know its not the proper term but i cant relly think of anything that would sound any better. i dont want the world to be without government or rules, too many people rely on that structure, our neo anarchist world will consist of people trying to make improvements on the govenment. (catching cops breaking the law ect...) expose the curruptness for what it is and take out all the evil of the govenment. therefore making the world a better place, still full of laws and govenment but without all the curruption.

Good Luck Bro. Thats what they said before we became a Union. I know a few States who wish they hadnt.:D

As long as there are people who seek positions of power, there will be corruption.
There is corruption in every government.
There is corruption in every religion.
Everyone has their price, no matter how virtuous they would seem to appear...
It is human nature.

themadhatter said:

Ha, sounds like you need to find another word for it, anarchy doesn't fit, not even with a neo in front of it. Not bashing the idea man, its fine, just the name you put to it...

blanco and hempman both have great points, full respect all around. any name sujestions? curruption will be forever but if i can get one bad cop/official off the streets, than i feel my job has been done.

THG Hick this thread should be closed im not the only one here that Anarchy is a form of government and is a talk about politic which has nothing to do with this site or its rules

HydroManiac said:
THG Hick this thread should be closed im not the only one here that Anarchy is a form of government and is a talk about politic which has nothing to do with this site or its rules

Anarchy is not a political ideal, it's a social ideal that excludes politics, due to the nonexistance of them in a theoretical idea such as anarchy.

...and I see many threads that have nothing to do with weed come across the coffee table.

If you actualy paied attention, im trying to think of someting else to call it cuz it isnt anarchy at all (if you paied attention) its about blowing the whistle on wrong-doers, so call me a merry muh-f...ing super hero wannabee... besides this has gone waaaaay off topic, i wanted to know what people who are activists think about marijuana in there culture? so please next time read all posts before saying anything please.

HydroManiac said:

well lets be specific,if im an activist for politics i wouldnt try to stray to far from that.same with weed,if im an activist for weed then thats what im going for.with that said...if im mad about politics and really wanna do something to change them i would put down the pipe and get dedicated.just as to protest laws against weed,i smoke it.not a really big activist touring the nation here,but i do help with my little bit of non conforming actions such as growing,smoking and educating.

EDIT:granted weed laws follow under politics but thats not how im writing this.if say corruption bothers me i need to seek that out and handle it the best i could.if its the fact that politicians dont want to legalize marijuana because there making to much off of it being illegal,then i need to fight that as well.but when it comes down to it i just like to smoke and wanna be left alone.sorry kinda drifting off,trying to say these are 2 different topics when it comes to being an activist and the people vary from group to group.haha once again forgive me,been testing my first harvest:p

finaly! that was a great reply man.

but seriously, is there a way to change the name of the thread from anarchy to activist?

Latest posts

Back