Marijuana driving standard advances in CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
url: h420p://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120504/NEWS/120509941/1077&ParentProfile=1058

Marijuana driving standard advances in CO

DENVER (AP) — A legal marijuana limit for drivers similar to the blood-alcohol standard is closer to approval in Colorado.

A House committee approved the measure 6-5 Thursday aftert hours of testimony debating whether drivers should be considered impaired if they test positive for 5 nanograms or more of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, per milliliter of blood.

Driving while impaired by marijuana or any drug is already illegal, but supporters of the THC blood limit say law enforcement needs an analogous standard to the blood-alcohol standard to keep stoned drivers off the road.

A similar bill failed last year in the Senate, but the measure faces better odds this year. The 5 nanogram standard already cleared the Senate and easily passed the House last year.

What. The. Heck. :confused:

If 5 nanograms means your DUI, wonder where im at a week after i stop smoking :rofl:

I have so much cannabis resin in my lungs i can 100% guarantee im already legally over the limit just waking up out of bed.

:bong:

lol...me 2...:rofl:

What about ppl that need to medicate multiple times on a daily basis...?

Me myself have been pulled over a few times and got outta it by saying I've been "drywalling"
all day and didn't care to be stopped while trying to get home from a crappy day...lol...seriously...it works as long as you don't act all baked and whatnot and are on the offensive not defensive...

course more then likely the :cop: didn't feel like takin' the time to bust me chops :D (aka do their job)

I get out of it by showing them my script and saying its been more then 5 hours since i smoked last, and its been a long day at work.

been pulled over ~15 times over the years, 100% sure i was stoned everytime:p, never had an accident, never got a DUI. I used to keep car air fresheners and a cig handy all the time to light up if i got pulled over (it actually kept me on tobacco for a long time for this reason alone) but ever since my script its been a breeze. I even got out of a speeding ticket once because the cop was memorized by my jar of weed and could not believe he was going to let me go with it. :rofl:

Im pretty sure the law or ordinance or whatever will not work and im positive someone could argue it in court with a few "sober" blood tests. ;)

Stupid Politicians. I bet DUI for alcohol has dropped like 90% in Colorado so the GOV is figuring out where they are going to get that lost revenue from.

yeah, scripts are good for that I guess...I've always believed that anyone should be able to grow/use it w/o a placard that thwarts federal law...lol..*sigh*

Yeah, I seriously question this 5ng business. Is it even possible to smoke any cannabis at all and be under 5ng?
If anything, I am more in favor of the simple field sobriety test. Do your eyes work right? Is your equilibrium normal? These things have meaning to driving ability. Not whether you can feel a peaceful euphoria.

STOP IT!..ya'll are killin' me "5 nanogram" buzzz:ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

lol...Hick, too funny...:rofl:

what's a 5 nanergramer anywho...lol...

:peace:,

7ge:)

....I'm not sure, but I'm willing to bet it ain't much..;)

Here I found what camorml.org on 5 nanograms. !

hxxp://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html

Latest posts

Back