Marijuana heist in Laytonville interrupted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
A 57-year-old Laytonville man reported he was being robbed of marijuana plants growing outside his home Friday morning.

Richie Weaver, of Laytonville, told the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office he interrupted the thieves as they tried to make off with his marijuana plants, a sheriff's report stated. There was no information available at press time to indicate whether or not Weaver had a medical reason for having the marijuana.

Similar to some of those arrested in the Covelo raids earlier in the week, the eight suspects arrested Friday told deputies they came to the area after learning about the county's marijuana-growing reputation.

"Detectives discovered the suspects learned of the abundance of easily accessible growing marijuana in Mendocino County from reading "High Times," a magazine published about marijuana and distributed to the public," a portion of the report stated.

During the investigation, the report stated, deputies learned the suspects were friends and came to the county with intentions of stealing marijuana plants for smoking and selling.

All of those arrested are from the Sacramento area.

At Weaver's home, located in the 1000 block of North Road near Laytonville, one of the suspects pointed a gun at Weaver, telling him not to stop him and the other thieves, the report stated.

Weaver described a Chevrolet Avalanche the suspects drove away in to the Sheriff's Office in a call he made that morning.

In response to Weaver's call, Deputy James Wells located the Avalanche as well as a Mitsubishi Montero SUV and Mitsubishi car. The report stated that Wells found the vehicles traveling south on Highway 101 between Laytonville and Willits.

Willits Police Department officers helped deputies pull over the suspects, the report said.

In the Avalanche, authorities reported finding pruning shears, a two-way radio and a handgun holster.

The four people riding in the Avalanche were arrested. They are: Adam Jin Casey, 21, Todd William Hess, 22, and Alan Paul Roach, 18, of Citrus Heights; and Samir Elie Nayebkhil, 21, of Sacramento. They were booked into jail on suspicion of their involvement in the alleged robbery of Weaver's marijuana plants.

In the Mitsubishi SUV, authorities found six dug-up marijuana plants, and three other men were arrested.

Ray Anderson, 20, Brandon Gregory Bunning, 21, and Francis Strasser-King, 24, all of Citrus Heights, were booked into jail on suspicion of their involvement.

In the Mitsubishi car, deputies found a .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol, a loaded .357 revolver and a two-way radio the report stated. From that car deputies arrested Michael Cameron Ferrigno, 23, on suspicion of his involvement.

It is possible that there was communication between two of the three automobiles involved in that day's events.

According to the report, deputies found two-way radios in the Avalanche and the Mitsubishi car that where found tuned to the same frequency.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/45tb4s

This is the first like it I have ever seen! Thanks FruityBud!

:goodposting: :yeahthat: U da man, Fruity! :yeahthat: :goodposting:

..Now to see if they are charged with a theft of monetary value, similar to what the cops would estimate it's "street value", or if it will be a misdemeanor trespass charge, ehh.. ;)

I'm no lawyer, but it would be hard to get them charged with theft of money, nor press charges at all until the medicinal value was calculated. It would be felony larceny from home. The victim could sue in court provided he can prove that this caused him substantial economic harm.

And then again, if this stuff was legal, this wouldn't happen. When is the last time somebody was caught stealing tobacco from a tobacco farm?

They had weapons too. It's almost like they would have killed for it. I would never kill for bud or steal. That's just really obnoxiously pathetic.

surely they have home invasion laws there. i know we do here in SC we do. It also carries with it like 10+ years easy and i think is mandatory. i have found some laws in other states but it varies widely from state to state.

Now thats just wrong! I hate thieves no matter what, but do you have to organize a crime wave to steal growing plants at random? Probably got nothin bud wise anyway...

FOR ONCE>>>> A POSITIVE MARIJUANA ARREST

Latest posts

Back