MarP'.. I know that you have addressed this before...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!
Reaction score
I have an important question to ask nobody and everybody at the same time:

Why the **** do users constantly have problems with Marijuana Passion Servers?

Can somebody get off their butt and fix it already?
Seriously?

No we can discuss something not so retarded.

The Effen Gee said:

Seriously?

Im pretty sure the owner of this site, which i believe to be MarP, is probably busy maintaining the site as it is. Servers, storage, that stuff takes money.

jmo, i think we should have a vip registration with recomendations of course to pay for extra site features.

.... but is there anything/something that "we" can do??
"I" personally haven't received a server busy message for weeks. I don't know if is related to the time of day that I log in or what, but it has been "0" issue for me lately. But the complaints are becoming a bit of a "sore spot" for me... :eek::
I have avoided replying to any posts about it, just 'cause the complaining irritates me, and I have to resist the urge to run 'em off.. :confused2:
I'm pretty ignorant as to exactly what it takes to maintain or upgrade a server.

I really like to handle this issue asap, but my knowledge in this field is limited and nobody as of now has given me the information i needed to hear what to do to fix this issue.

I think personally that the sever we have running now should be able to take the load what we have on the server.

Some people tell me upgrade the memory in the server to make it faster (this should help a bit but i'm not sure it will amount to "no problems at all")

Then when the server really cannot handle the load we're having there should be double mirror servers installed that are directed when the other server is too busy. I can not believe this is our problem.

What i want to know is someone that can advice me propperly about what to do to have this issue fixed.

I can order a new server, it would be a bit faster but the monthly cost will increase comparing to the one we have now. So i don't want to invest money into something i'm not sure is going to fix the solution.

What i will do is hire an expert that hopefully have the knowledge an expertise to give me the right information what to do to fix this problem.

I hope we get it fixed soon!

Marp

MarPassion said:
I really like to handle this issue asap, but my knowledge in this field is limited and nobody as of now has given me the information i needed to hear what to do to fix this issue.

I think personally that the sever we have running now should be able to take the load what we have on the server.

Some people tell me upgrade the memory in the server to make it faster (this should help a bit but i'm not sure it will amount to "no problems at all")

Then when the server really cannot handle the load we're having there should be double mirror servers installed that are directed when the other server is too busy. I can not believe this is our problem.

What i want to know is someone that can advice me propperly about what to do to have this issue fixed.

I can order a new server, it would be a bit faster but the monthly cost will increase comparing to the one we have now. So i don't want to invest money into something i'm not sure is going to fix the solution.

What i will do is hire an expert that hopefully have the knowledge an expertise to give me the right information what to do to fix this problem.

I hope we get it fixed soon!

Marp
i would like to throw something out there ! in regards to updates of the server or any issues that may arise i have a mate / buddy at computer hope .com he has his own website and is a programmer himself . a lot of guys on that site are extremly experienced in this field ! if you were to throw this idea their way they will certainly give you ideas and various options available .. as they deal with these issues very regularly anyways just an idea ... kpac / kerran is his name his site is on his signature but there is also patio-pcglitch-ashulak to name a few and this is free info and sign on ...all the best and good luck !

It's nothing compared to other sites I've known. One of the best sites for one of my other hobbies exploded over night with 100's of thousands of newbs because some idiot got caught selling goods and not delivering and the whole world was jumping on board to read and slam. That site was server busy for months until they went to a new server that could handle the load. Ever heard of "Charlie Wenzel"? If you did, it all started on one thread on a small community board, now that was crazy busy.

admincp -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options

Simultaneous Sessions Limit and NIX Number Server Load Limit.

Is this set to zero?

HippyInEngland is right, I would check out the "admincp -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options

Simultaneous Sessions Limit and NIX Number Server Load Limit.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98733

I doubt it will be a hardware issue, server logs are easy enough to find any issues there. I would'nt mind helping out in anyway possible. I am proficient in Unix,Solaris or any "nix" Flavors ohhh also know winblows as well. Email me I would be glad to telnet/ VNC or check out the logs for errors.

Thanks for the response MarPassion, just your post here will greatly increase "the faith" that the issue is being looked at.
Hopefully, we have a member here that Hick can vouge for that can help the situation. Hick pretty much knows who is "believable" in thier knowledge of websites and can "recruit" someone to help out with the hosting issue.

I am very limited on Vbullitin, but to me, it seems like a Hosting issue, not really the server itself.

I dont know a thing but wish you the best MARP in finding the solution. If the site need to be a pay for site Sign me up now. Where do I pay at. :peace:

The Effen Gee said:

Seriously?

Dude, people have been complaining about this for months. Props. Way to get it done Gee!

Thanks, MarPassion for the feedback. I appreciate you for hosting this site, and am grateful for the knowledge contained here.

Latest posts

Back