Medical MJ Patient In Need Of Help! Flowering/Curing issues!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I am currently looking for a broken but still seal-able refridgerator or freezer that I can gut out and use as my main compartment for the drying chamber. I figured the best way to combat my low humidity problems is I'm going to purchase a RH control that turns on and off a humidifier in the room for me and keeps the room at a constant humidity level. This I think would be the easiest way to regulate things and get the actual drying environment I'm looking for.

Then as Hush and I were discussing, I will gut out the freezer/fridge, add a few small computer fans to suck out the air every few hours and set it on a electrical timer. I think I have finally figured out a good approach to drying properly and I can definitely say it was 100% due to the nice stoner folks here at MP. I appreciate your help everyone, especially you Hush!

I also made some DWC buckets today, very excited!!!

Are these really any better than tossing a 62% humidipak in a mason jar? They are pretty expensive for the large sizes.

Multi, can you not put the dry in with the wet and let it absorb the moisture from the wet. I have done that before, or don't you think that is a good idea?

Hey Multi, Interesting thoughts man. I was actually considering purchasing a few of these for the curing process but I wasn't aware I could use them to control the humidity of a container larger than a large sealed mason jar.

How big of a container can a few of these packs do? Honestly, I like the idea of the old one compartment smaller style freezer as a drying compartment as it seals already and it the perfect size. I'm planning on harvesting up to 10oz at a time sometimes more possibly so I need to be able to dry them all.

Would Boveda packs be good enough to keep that big of a space above 62% constantly? how long do they last?

I spoke with a few growers at my local dispensary and they were saying they do pretty much exactly what I was planning on doing, Using a humidity control to turn on and off a humidifier in the same closed room as the drying chamber, keeping it around 55-60% in the room, that way its easier to keep the drying chamber above 65%. I literally have 15% humidity at the moment, so those boveda packs would have to be very potent and consistant, and also last long enough to be a viable option (like if I have to buy them every month or something, since I grow perpetual). I would love to hear your input on these.

I'm definitely buying a few smaller boveda 62% packs for the curing process, that's 100% sure, but didn't consider them for use in the drying container.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys. Have a nice day!

Thanks multi but If I wanted to read a bunch of threads on Boveda packs I would have googled them, I don't think they are going to be the best answer for my situation, thanks anyways for your help.

I've used them in the past, they are good for curing, but I'm positive it won't be enough for where I live for the drying process. I'm going with humidifier and control in the outer room.

I'm going for a long term fix here, not just put it in a bin with a boveda pack, read a few threads, and hope for the best lol. Plus the amounts of my harvest are going to go up I need a stationary place to dry that humidity controlled. Even then, the fact that they have an expiration date turns me off.

and yes I did read it, I just ain't interested. Thanks anyways. :)

Latest posts

Back