Medical usage poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the med effects of mj could be captured in a pill without getting you stoned

• would you take this over smoking weed

• or would you prefer to smoke weed still and get stoned

Results are only viewable after voting.
just so happens i ended up qualified for MMJ but i was smokin long before i became qualified(for lack of better term) to get it. i would/will probably smoke it my whole life..."legal" or not. and i also do not care who is legal or not. am i really supposed to refuse to smoke with anyone not "qualified"...cause this would really shrink down my circle of friends, to like 3. should i bid the rest farewell?:stoned: :bong2: i been smokin all day and really dont know where im goin with this but,... oh yeah, everybody must get stoned ..uh,if they want to

I love the smell and taste of mj. I don't think a pill can give you that too plus when its a pill its not from "nature" its from a manufacturer.... so what else will "they" put in??

this is a catch-22 question. I think it would be good science if "they" could make a pill that would take away my pain and body spasms. The "high" from mj is what helps me deal with the medical ** in my life. I take powerful narcotic pain meds and I prefer mj over these. In my expereince(11 years) with a chronic condition there is NO pill, powder, or plant alive that will help with or eliminate the PROBLEM(pain..etc) without getting you high to some degree.

The only fact about medical use marijuana like said earlier is it does absolutely nothing to eliminate pain. All it does is make the pain more tolerable by dulling your senses.

In California the whole usage for "medicinal reasons" has gotten out of control. A quick example was a friend went with me to Hayward and one of the clubs that had a Doctor issue licenses. With me there was no reason to fabricate the reason I was there. My friend on the other hand was filling out a form the Dr gave us. Under the reason the patient was seeking a license my friend listed 'Stress'. He got the license. While it's great he got it the reason was bogus. This is why the Fed's are hitting the clubs now. They sit and watch as people enter the clubs then upon exit they walk to a car and exchange money for product. As usual, it's a few people that will ruin it for those really needing it.

As a concerned friend I'd like to remind you that having a license is not a bullet proof vest and you need to be smart about using it. When I had my license active, a neighbor called Police saying they smelled "Mota" coming from the house. A police officer showed up amazingly. I invited him in. Showed him my license and all he said was "Do me a favor and just keep your door closed while I medicate."

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
I'll go out on a limb and call a spade a spade... I say the majority of med users are bullcrap about their med reasons. They say and do whatever it takes to get MJ legally and many hide behind that MJ med card. I would be willing to guess that 95%+ of them smoked pot before they had med reasons. If you have real pain...REAL PAIN, as I do, MJ just takes a nick off of it... but sometimes it even amplifies it depending on the pain level and type of MJ. Nothing beats opiates when it comes to pain. I know, been on them for 10 years and have real pain and have tried every drug imaginable... some may get nauseous from them but if you have real pain that's better than the pain. There are plenty of other drugs that work better than MJ for aliments that most complain they need MJ for. I think the true med people who benefit are cancer, glaucoma, and aids patients, most others have taken advantage of the system. That's OK, you got your MJ, I just hate the arrogance that some have acquired now that they are med users with their card to justify why they smoke and are not just "pot smokers". I'm a pot smoker, period....with a med release. :D

i think there are people who benefit from it in less direct ways, like people with things like muscular distrophy and like you said cancer patients need it on top of the pain and everything else just to build up an appetite to eat, instead of getting food from a tube. but i got off track here, the people that get help from it indirectly (the people who "don't really need it") it's true they could go without it, but if it helps things like mild depression and anxiety, do you think that's a legitimate reason?

it's all about where the government thinks people should draw the line, as of now America is a medicinal country, i mean everytime i get something done (surgery, or something else) they give me vicodin, even when i could do without it. i just don't understand these politicians that deny it's use, what's so much worse about it than vicodin? vicodin can kill you.

and ya i agree with you, those people really do need it, other people can do without it. (but should they have to do without it or should they be able to make their own decision? ya know)

I hope they never discover such pill!
Legalization for medical use is the first step to MJ Legalization for everyone :D
And if anyone can grow it that makes it impossible for Pharmaceutical Companies to patent the plant and charge us mad prices on each treatment...
Such pill could mean highly overpriced Drugs and back to Criminalizing the herb , so that they would be the only once allowed to make it....
Does that make any sence??
I'm stoned again I'm sorry :D

Stoner94043 said:
The only fact about medical use marijuana like said earlier is it does absolutely nothing to eliminate pain. All it does is make the pain more tolerable by dulling your senses.

In California the whole usage for "medicinal reasons" has gotten out of control. A quick example was a friend went with me to Hayward and one of the clubs that had a Doctor issue licenses. With me there was no reason to fabricate the reason I was there. My friend on the other hand was filling out a form the Dr gave us. Under the reason the patient was seeking a license my friend listed 'Stress'. He got the license. While it's great he got it the reason was bogus. This is why the Fed's are hitting the clubs now. They sit and watch as people enter the clubs then upon exit they walk to a car and exchange money for product. As usual, it's a few people that will ruin it for those really needing it.

As a concerned friend I'd like to remind you that having a license is not a bullet proof vest and you need to be smart about using it. When I had my license active, a neighbor called Police saying they smelled "Mota" coming from the house. A police officer showed up amazingly. I invited him in. Showed him my license and all he said was "Do me a favor and just keep your door closed while I medicate."

Maybe the way to stop this is legalizing marijuana for everyone... Like it is in Holland... Than dealers won't have to lie any more :D And people won't have to buy from dealers no more.. And Feds won't be spending your tax money hitting clubs... And medical users can relax and not think others will spoil it for them... And everyone can get high with paranoia levels reduced to zero... :D
It's a win win situation really!
It could be a better world!

nikimadritista said:
I hope they never discover such pill!
Legalization for medical use is the first step to MJ Legalization for everyone :D
And if anyone can grow it that makes it impossible for Pharmaceutical Companies to patent the plant and charge us mad prices on each treatment...
Such pill could mean highly overpriced Drugs and back to Criminalizing the herb , so that they would be the only once allowed to make it....
Does that make any sence??
I'm stoned again I'm sorry :D

you said it bother.....you are so right....imo
i feel the same way
have a great day and stay safe

You don't need to fix what isn't broken, there's no need for a synthetic pill (marinol). I just love how the government allows THC in manufactured, processed, unhealthy, not-as-effective, pill form to be legal, while throwing sick people in jail for smoking the real thing, (which they claim (lie) has no medicinal use). Last time I checked no one in the government is myself or my doctor, so it's really none of their goddamn business how I treat my pain/discomfort, or what I put into my own body in the first place. Even implying that they have this power is a blatent, disgusting invasion of our personal rights/freedoms.

Also, where do people, (the government) get off thinking they can make parts of nature, (certain plants) illegal? Is that not insane? No one, NO ONE has any authority over nature. Ever.

Latest posts

Back