mh conversion neutral?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purified

Reaction score
err so i accidently ordered the wrong mh conversion i meant to get the 400watt cool deluxe(6100k) but instead i got the neutral 4100k

i plan on using it for veg

4100kelvin mh vs 400watt hps for veg-discuss

Sorry about your luck

send it back. I hope you got a better price on the accidental neutral bulb.

maineharvest said:
send it back. I hope you got a better price on the accidental neutral bulb.

yeah lol i was looking at all the 400watt mh conversion bulbs and my eyes were more focused on the price rather than the temperature heh

the 6100k cost about an extra $40 for some reason

but lets say i keep it anyway compaired with an hps how much better is the neutral bulb for veg?

I always go for the cheaper bulbs. I have heard some old timers on this mention that they use cheap bulbs too. Im not paying an extra $40 for any bulb.

The mh will out perform the hps during veg but not during flowering.

I use the $20 Philips400MH from lowes,(for veg) and Ive had power storms and power surges burn out some high dollar bulbs...which hurts. so I keep an extra bulb just incase;)

ya i know certain light bulb brands are more and i always get the cheaper brand.

As of 2 days ago i always thought mh lights are 6100k+ temperture wise. But appriantly they make warm (3000k) for flowering and cool (6100k)

purified said:
ya i know certain light bulb brands are more and i always get the cheaper brand.

As of 2 days ago i always thought mh lights are 6100k+ temperture wise. But appriantly they make warm (3000k) for flowering and cool (6100k)

Most MH lamps are ~4100k, ive never seen one @ 6100k
It will work great for vegg.

I don't know about conversion bulbs but Hortilux Blue is a metal halide in the 6500k range

I just use the standard bulbs that are for normal use in MH or HPS, Supposedly what the standard bulbs lack in spectrum they make up for by putting out more lumens, so you are supposed to basically get identical results whether you use the standard bulb or the high dollar grow bulbs. You can never find anyone that has used both to get a comparison, people either buy the cheap bulbs and aren't going to spend the money on the expensive bulbs or people buying the expensive bulbs aren't going to take the chance by buying the cheaper bulbs, so all we have is a theory to go by. Either way everyone seems happy with the results they get. The other thing that is popluar is to buy the cheap HID bulb and then supplement it with cheaper flourescents to add to the spectrum, an example would be a normal HPS bulb with cool white flourescents or daylight flourescents.

you all are wrong....you need to read what is on the box of ya bulb.you use a normal bulb to light a sidEwalk not grow with....a side walk does not care about spectrum...for a 400 w hps ya will get 55000 lumens.will be less for mh conversion or not.spectrum is the inportant thing here ppl.use the best get the best outcome.grow bright makes some cheaper bulbs that work very well.look into it hope this helps.stay green......

bnightclown said:
you all are wrong....you need to read what is on the box of ya bulb.you use a normal bulb to light a sidEwalk not grow with....a side walk does not care about spectrum...for a 400 w hps ya will get 55000 lumens.will be less for mh conversion or not.spectrum is the inportant thing here ppl.use the best get the best outcome.grow bright makes some cheaper bulbs that work very well.look into it hope this helps.stay green......

haha http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-34452.html

la9 said:
I just use the standard bulbs that are for normal use in MH or HPS, Supposedly what the standard bulbs lack in spectrum they make up for by putting out more lumens, so you are supposed to basically get identical results whether you use the standard bulb or the high dollar grow bulbs. You can never find anyone that has used both to get a comparison, people either buy the cheap bulbs and aren't going to spend the money on the expensive bulbs or people buying the expensive bulbs aren't going to take the chance by buying the cheaper bulbs, so all we have is a theory to go by. Either way everyone seems happy with the results they get. The other thing that is popluar is to buy the cheap HID bulb and then supplement it with cheaper flourescents to add to the spectrum, an example would be a normal HPS bulb with cool white flourescents or daylight flourescents.

This would make a great thread. I have 4 brand new EYE Hortilux Super HPS and about 8 Grow bright HPS bulbs. I really do not want to do both tables at the same time because it makes harvest trimming suck, but I may just give this a shot. I will tell you this there is definitely a noticeable color difference in the two. The bulbs are about a 40 buck each price difference, so it would have to make the grow worth about a half oz larger just to pay for itself.

Latest posts

Back