Mite struck harvest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonUndertow

Passionate Grower
Reaction score
It has been my first harvest this past 2 weeks. I must say I'm Not as thrilled as i had expected to be. I had been hit hard by mites and some of my plants had webs all over them for a month and i didn't even know. I dried one of my girls and I got about 20 grams, I was expecting more. I think the rest are not ready yet, what do you think? Should I wait more? It's been exactly 9 weeks. I don't know what the strain is. The pics are after manicuring.

DSC00029-1.JPG

DSC00030-1.JPG

DSC00031-1.JPG

Check them trichromes they will tell ya when she's ready for harvest. ;)

yeah that^^^^ they look great 2me my friend..

Congrats on your first Harvest..You should be proud . so many dont make it that far..Heres some Great news...You only get better!!!!!

KEEP M GREEN

You can get some "dawn" dishwashing liquid ... if available or any dish wash that get soapy ... spray your ladies with it then rinse them off as soon as you can ... try not to leave the soap on no longer than a couple of minutes ... and make sure it's not too strong ... just enough to get soap suds ... that will make them nasty bugger miserable ... and will kill a lot ... this is for ladies that are almost ready to harvest ... ;)

Yep, what they said too......
You did real good just finishing.
Now...
We got to think of the next grow when done with this one...Im not even harvested yet and I am trying to figure out how to do better next year.

Ugh, mites - I hate insect problems.

My personal favorite preventative measure is to go buy a tin of tobacco, boil it down and get a water/nicotine solution. Spray plants. Nicotine won't hurt plants, but it'll definitely work on most insects. Also, nicotine doesn't stick around very long when exposed to open air, so your plants won't have any nicotine on them come harvest time if you stop spraying around two weeks before harvest.

Examine your plants as suggested to see if its the right time to harvest.

nothing you can do at this point is going to add considerable weight. yer to late in the game IMHO

i had a similar experience and this is what i have taken away from it. You either go balls out and ERADICATE the infestation early, or you bail on the grow all together, clean and start over. ( i will do the later if it eva happens to me again)

i think the bug infestation severly effects the weight as the plant is stressed and NOT putting its full potential to making the buds.

that does not meant he bud sucks at all, jsut means its going to be fluffy and not the best it could be. Potency comes from genetics so dont be to discouraged.

my worst harvest to date was the only one i've had with a bug problem. made some killer brownies tho!

peace

Just looked at yer picks and they dont look ready to me yet.

you could vaccum them gently. also, i've seen some hype about "safer's" end all II. could give that a try.

Hi,

I had the same problem about a month ago...webs...spider mites x 1millions of the bastards and used Neem oil, mixed with some environmentally detergent and water. The Neem is totally organic and I sprayed the hell out of my plants. First sprayed the top of the leaves than sprayed from underneath. I soaked them, buds and all. Waited 5 days then blasted them again. Suffocated the "new" eggs, that hatched. But there will always been mites but less of them. Anyway, I cut off all the small branches up the plant about 2 feet (the branches that weren't going to produce bud) since it's almost the end of the season and now my plants are thriving, the plant is now focusing all its energy on the colas-way to go Neem oil. Since this was a month ago and I use it once a week, I sampled a almost ready bud and I couldn't taste the Neem oil. I only have two to three wks to go, so I will now stop the Neem Oil and flush with just water. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon12.gif

i've read alot of posts about spider mites,but one question for the pros.what causes the mite infestation to start with.how do they get into the grow area.i know if you bring plants from outside to inside.but for us that only have indoor plants from seed to finish.i was just curious.i did not mean to hi-jack your thread my friend.just curious

clones, or other plants brought into grow room. they can also come in through ventilation. another of the most common way is on the bottoms of shoes.

little bastards.

Did you have the clones and other plants outdoors?

Latest posts

Back