mixing Hid an led

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinthatloud

Reaction score
I vegged my recent plants under a 600mh as always but this time i used 4 120w cob leds. I noticed more an better growth compared to my last veg without the leds. I vegged them 6 weeks same as before an had taller an stronger thick stems. Has anybody else mixed lights an had any success? Thinking about flowering under mh an led an seeing what happens. Anybody have any info on if this is good or bad? Thanks BtL

Well it worked good during the veg stage so im gonna go ahead an test it in flower stage an see what happens!

No reason to not use both lights if one does not block the other out. Unlike fluoros, LEDs like to be kept a ways above the canopy, like HIDs, so it is possible to use both lights and not have them block light from the other source. It will probably be a great experiment!

I placed the 600 above thecanopy an hung a led on all four sides so the plants have 360 degree lighting. Ill let you know the progress, so far been good. BtL

i put a 135 watt ufo on the side with my 1000 watt hps and seems to be doing a great job its helping the lower and inside branches really puff up

I have also seen good growth on the lower branches, an fast growth at the lower bud sights that usually have the pop corn buds. Keep up the info astro so we can compare! Thanks BtL

This is interesting I would have never considered using both as I got my led to save some energy costs... I will be tuned in...thanks.

I was thinking the same thing, what would happen if you supplemented light.

im two weeks out on my first white widow try and it looks really good. the lower branches and popcorns are bigger so i would say the light is helping. ill see if i can get some pics.

Well it looks like the buds r gettting fatter and more crystals..soo far so good. Tech

interesting, i think that the supplemental LED will be of good, but to know for sure and by how much it helped, we need to try a side by side

More light will generally give you more bud. We will not really be sure if it is the LED or if any extra light will create the same, but if you can use both, you should be getting more bud...that is kind of the way it works. More light more bud. They look nice!

Latest posts

Back