Money rules, morals mean nothing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrkingford

Years ago one's reputation was of the utmost importance.
How your viewed by others mattered and if your reputation was tarnished you were ostrasized.

However today as long as the company is making money ANYTHING goes.

Michael Vic, a convicted FELON was signed by the Phialdelphia Eagles.

So you can tell your children to committ a felony and you'll be rewarded with millions because their is no penalty for committing crime, no reason to follow the rules.

Anyone remember Former Mayor of Washington D.C., Marion Barry????

Well he was the Mayor and one night he was arrested in a motel room with a prostitute smoking crack on VIDEO TAPE, you can google this to view him smoking crack.
Do any of you remember when his term was up, he ran again for Mayor and WAS RE-ELECTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" gee mommy, can i smoke crack and be Mayor, sure son, this is america, anything goes, you dont even need to be a citizen here to be president. "

P.S. Marion Barry was just recently arrested AGAIN in july for stalking his girlfriend.

How can we teach our kids morals and right from wrong when our society does'nt ?

The rules change as to "what" is considered good or bad, but the one consistent thing in human life is that it keeps on keeping on.

I ran into a text of a Roman Senator saying almost the same exact thing you've just said, mrkingford. He was pissed because his son wasn't respectful as he was at his age. His son stayed out and ran with ruffians until far past the time when decent people were in their homes asleep.

It was a 2000 year old text.

I firmly believe that good people far outnumber the bad people, and always have.

What is "accepted" by society fluctuates with a trial and error process that has been used since the dawn of time. What doesn't work, gets cast aside for what does.

It may take several generations of humans to make some changes, but the changes always get made eventually.

The primary, embedded goal of all humans is "Survival Of The Species".

Regardless of what happens, humans will survive even our own stupidity, misjudgements, misconceptions and misconduct.

We may even cause the death of great numbers of our own species, but we will never kill *all* of the humans on earth.

Humans will continue to improve, continue to advance scientifically, continue to evolve into what is best for the survival of our species.

It can't be stopped.

*Good* will prevail over *bad*, every time. It may not be within a time limit that is acceptable by individual standards, but it will prevail over time.

Avoid the bad, enjoy the good. Fire up a great doobie and ignore the buttheads of the world.

We outnumber them.

StoneyBud said:
The rules change as to "what" is considered good or bad, but the one consistent thing in human life is that it keeps on keeping on.

What is "accepted" by society fluctuates with a trial and error process that has been used since the dawn of time.

Certain things need not a trail and error process when they have been proved time and time again.

The "rules" change because greed and power dictate, basic human instinct is to avoid dishonest, criminal persons who have ALREADY proven themselves to be lesser in society, by their OWN DOING, NOT rewarding them!

However, the powers that be bend/break society expectations for their own benefit.

I don't sweat it for myself, h.ell, i'll be 6 feet under within 3-5 years at best.
I tear for the future of my children and grandchildren.

Smoke a GREAT BIG FATTY Mr K... :rant:

medicate... medicate... :p

I do hope they change ONE rule to suit liberal "goin' to hell in a handbasket" bums like me... LEGALIZE WEED!:eek:

FATTY.jpg

mrkingford said:
Certain things need not a trail and error process when they have been proved time and time again.

The "rules" change because greed and power dictate, basic human instinct is to avoid dishonest, criminal persons who have ALREADY proven themselves to be lesser in society, by their OWN DOING, NOT rewarding them!

However, the powers that be bend/break society expectations for their own benefit.

I don't sweat it for myself, h.ell, i'll be 6 feet under within 3-5 years at best.
I tear for the future of my children and grandchildren.
I agree on the basic rules for society, but the leaders of society who are *bad* people keep finding a way into positions of power. This also has happened since the dawn of time.

The *bad* rulers or leaders are eventually cast out and *bad* replacements are kept at lower numbers than the *good* people in the same positions.

I hate hearing that you have such a limited time left. I hope it's a miscalculation of many years.

Your children and their children's children's children will have similar problems as we do. Each generation improves the process slightly in some manner.

Who knows, in another 10 thousand years, the human race may stop throwing objects at each other to cause the death of other humans.

Of course, the math of the issue becomes obvious over time as well.

One human can no longer create 12 humans and expect the species to thrive. The longevity of human life has expanded to a point where that is becoming a real problem on our little blue globe.

Whenever control over population is discussed, people still bristle with indignity if denying them the *right* to create their offspring in quantities that are harmful to the species is brought up.

Education is the key to our species survival. Each century, knowledge expands greatly. That ratio of expansion has increased to a point that is making very interesting life happen.

I just bought a 16 Gig flash stick that's smaller than my little finger.

Now that's cool!

Don't sweat the little things and don't touch the sweaty things.

Keep it simple and laugh once per/hour. Doctor Stoney's orders!

What ever happened to Mayberry America lol ?
They did'nt even carry guns then.

Mike Vick may be a convicted felon, but he didn't go unpunished thats for sure. 18 months of a 23 month sentence and now on parole. Most parolees are lucky to get a job washing dishes. If the Eagles didn't go out of their way to pick him up...his life might be quite different. He def not making what he was 2 years ago. McNabb better watch his back.

Hes famous so he got off easy.
Just like OJ (first time) Paris, Pacman, Stalsworth, and anyone else with a made name.
I dont think its right when the Ringleader of something like that gets less than half of what his henchmen got. Couple of them got up to 8 years. In more morally filled countries. They all would have gotten life.

Its not fair the system runs the way it is. Catering to some while hammering others. But its the way it is, and way it will always be in this country. Money Talks and the system listens.

Vicks in so much debt though that this contract really wont pull him fully out of it. Which is great. So atleast there is that.

What Ive wondered. It was a crime ring he ran. I wonder what happened when people couldnt pay their bets off.

i am an animal lover more than most but he was convicted and sentenced, he lost upwards of 60 million $ and he completed his sentence.

period.

end of story.

if he beat his wife he would have done less time.

did the crime, did the time.

peace.

Perhaps your all missing the point.

I'm not saying to punish him.
Lets review, a MAJOR sports team has obligations to SCHOOLS, CHARITIES, and other respectable events.
I DON'T want a young child to idolize a felon while there are tons of other players that have followed the rules all their life and can stand as a positive role model to youngesters.

I know of at LEAST 4 PRO teams that have connections to ANIMAL RIGHTS and SHELTERS.
How can he fit in there?

PRO sports fiqures serve as role models, society needs to ban felons froms public activities.

I don't see MV becoming anyones role model any time soon.

But I get where you're going with this.

I remember how upset Charles Barkley would get, saying he didn't want to be anyones role model.

My fav athlete of all time is Cal Ripkin Jr. Amazing athlete and person. What ever happened to that sort of work ethic?

Personally, I would rather my kids idolize someone other then a pro athlete. :p

SmokinMom said:
My fav athlete of all time is Cal Ripkin Jr. Amazing athlete and person. What ever happened to that sort of work ethic?

OMG Mine too SM!
He was the best. Will never find anyone to say a bad thing about the guy.
A ways from me he opened a Cal Sr Memorial park for kids so this, Not projects or ghetto, Ill just say poverty ridden, kinda run down areas kids would have something positive to do.

Just last winter in Shasta County a brand new 30 year District Att. was brought on board to specificly prosicute DUI's and low and behold, her second day on the bench, she went out that very night and had drinks with a few other attourneys at a local bar and on her way home was pulled over by the CHP and given a DUI.

SHe spent one night in jail and the charges were dropped because the other prosicuting DA said he felt that she had learned her lesson ! Now thats a bunch of horse ****, how can you justify that one ?

...of incurring mrkingfords's wrath.....

I'm a pretty conservative American-I find myself leaning right on MOST things, but....

I'm for AT LEAST decriminalizing pot possession and probably for full legalization. Being conservative and wanting legal pot-two different things, right?

I have screwed up in my life-never a felony, but I do believe in second chances. If all of us were ostracized because we made a mistake-no matter how big-?????

The older I get the more I see that everything is NOT black and white-there are a lot of grey areas. What Vick did was heinous, no doubt. But he was caught, has done his sentence (which was MORE than others would have received IMO) and expressed remorse. Should he be banned from pursuing a normal life now? I think not. Idolize him? No way. But let the man try to fit back into society.

AG

mrkingford said:
Perhaps your all missing the point.

I'm not saying to punish him.
Lets review, a MAJOR sports team has obligations to SCHOOLLS, CHATITIES, and other respectable events.
I DON'T want a young child to idolize a felon while there are tons of other players that have followed the rules all their life and can stand as a positive role model to youngesters.

I know of at LEAST 4 PRO teams that have connections to ANIMAL RIGHTS and SHELTERS.
How can he fit in there?

PRO sports fiqures serve as role models, society needs to ban felons froms public activities.

I understand where you are coming from. But lets push the envelope a little here...just for arguments sake, ok. Lets say that he had weed. And lets say that where he lived less than 28 gr is a misdemeanor (disorderly persons) and more than 28 gr is a felony. And Vick got caught with 28.2 gr and went to prison and did his time. Now he's a felony, but did he really do anything else to warrant a felony conviction. Does this make him any less than a role model. What if it was for DUI and he hurt someone, but it wasn't ruled a felony conviction. Does this make him more of a role model? I'm not saying I have the answers, just trying to incite a riot is all.

Amateur Grower said:
I have screwed up in my life-never a felony, but I do believe in second chances. If all of us were ostracized because we made a mistake-no matter how big-?????

The older I get the more I see that everything is NOT black and white-there are a lot of grey areas. What Vick did was heinous, no doubt. But he was caught, has done his sentence (which was MORE than others would have received IMO) and expressed remorse. Should he be banned from pursuing a normal life now? I think not. Idolize him? No way. But let the man try to fit back into society.

A huge :yeahthat: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back