MP bulb be ok??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Would like to use this bulb with my HPS bulb,dose this look ok to you guys?
my system is small but think it will be fine.
thanks
oneshot

trans_1x1.gif
[FONT=arial, helvetica]MP (Metal Halide Protected) 150W E26 Medium Base Bulb
trans_1x1.gif

MP (Metal Halide Protected) long life 150W (watt) bulb/lamp with E26 medium base. Only use in 150 watt metal halide protected or metal halide lighting fixtures. Typical uses outdoor lighting: lamp posts, floods, wall sconce, parking or barn floods. Do not interchange wattages. Electric discharge arc tube lamp. Bulb shape ED-17, MOL (length) 5-1/4" (138mm), 10000 hours average life, warm-up time 2-4 minutes, clear glass, 12500 lumens, color temp 4000K. ISO 9001 high quality certified manufacturer. Warning: the fixture wattage rating must match the wattage of the bulb to avoid shattering and hot glass.

Replacement cross-reference: MP150/U/M (Metal Halide Protected ED-17 shape will work in place of MH - Metal Halide ED-28 shape)
[/FONT]

oneshot said:
Would like to use this bulb with my HPS bulb,dose this look ok to you guys?
my system is small but think it will be fine.
thanks
oneshot

trans_1x1.gif
[FONT=arial, helvetica]MP (Metal Halide Protected) 150W E26 Medium Base Bulb
trans_1x1.gif

MP (Metal Halide Protected) long life 150W (watt) bulb/lamp with E26 medium base. Only use in 150 watt metal halide protected or metal halide lighting fixtures. Typical uses outdoor lighting: lamp posts, floods, wall sconce, parking or barn floods. Do not interchange wattages. Electric discharge arc tube lamp. Bulb shape ED-17, MOL (length) 5-1/4" (138mm), 10000 hours average life, warm-up time 2-4 minutes, clear glass, 12500 lumens, color temp 4000K. ISO 9001 high quality certified manufacturer. Warning: the fixture wattage rating must match the wattage of the bulb to avoid shattering and hot glass.

Replacement cross-reference: MP150/U/M (Metal Halide Protected ED-17 shape will work in place of MH - Metal Halide ED-28 shape)
[/FONT]

Its just a MH, they work fine for growing but wont work in your HPS fixture, you will need a MH ballast.

OK
It says 120volt and standard socket but needs to be able to handle the heat!
If I need the balast what size?but the way I read says nothing about it,so please do help here..
thanks
0neshot

bulb and ballast MUST MATCH,same watts for bulb and ballast,you need a metal halide bulb for a metal halide ballast and a high pressure sodium bulb for a high pressure sodium ballast, unless you have a digital ballast then you can run hps or mh in them,or at least I can both of my digital ballasts.

Latest posts

Back