Mr Green Presents "I Grow Chronic"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allgrownup said:
When he,<Mr. Green>, "topped" the plant for 2 buds, did he just make one cut on the top of each plant? Or Did he take the end off each branch extending from the stem? It looks like there's buds all over the plants. Are there just 2 growing up through the center?

thx
Those weren't "buds" he took. Buds are the flowers that form after flowering the plant to harvest. He took cuttings from the plant. How many branching's there are available is dependant on how you grow your plants. If you top your plants as I do for Host plants, you can get as many as 100 places to take cuttings.

You have to remember the 30% RULE.

THE 30% RULE
Never take more than 30% of the available cuttings until the ones you've taken are completely healed. If you take more than 30% of the available branch tips, the plant will stress and become a Hermaphrodite. This will ruin your host plant.
I give my host plants two weeks between taking cuttings. I've never had one turn Hermie.

Stoney, I know he took a cutting off the top but he made it sound like that one particular cutting he removed was going to influence 2 buds to spawn from that area he removed the cutting.

allgrownup said:
Stoney, I know he took a cutting off the top but he made it sound like that one particular cutting he removed was going to influence 2 buds to spawn from that area he removed the cutting.

Not really spawning... what happens is ur cutting the top main shoot... and the next 2 side shoots below that now get the energy and they will take the original ones place.

Yes, each time you take a cutting, the node just below that cutting will sprout two new stems. For a Host plant, I can do this until I have over 100 tops to take cuttings from.

Latest posts

Back