Mr.Wakenbake's 1k+ grow show 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr.Wakenbake said:
There is no reason to use grow and bloom, if the nutrient you are using is a complete nutrient. Meaning that it provides everything your plants need throughout the grow. The flora nova bloom is 4-8-7 and is complete with micronutes.

There is no reason to use the grow formula. Cannabis just needs a complete nutrient. Using the 4-8-7 flora nova bloom is perfect for veg also as the plants really don't need that much N. Especially with the mix i use. With composted manure and earthworm castings they won't need loads of nutrients . As with most organic mixes.

Why buy two nutrients when one will do?
In veg, you actually want more N than P and K, a grow formula will supply all the Nitrogen needed without going overboard on the P and K. The formula you have sounds like it should work just fine for veg though.

Also, Nitrogen isn't really needed too much in flowering and only takes away from the taste. During the second half of the flowering cycle you can cut the Nitrogen supply completely as food for creating new branches and leaves won't be needed at all. I like Earth Juice's Bloom formula for late flowering since there is no N (0-3-1).

By the way, this descripton doesn't sound 100% organic to me (from HTGsupply):
"FloraNova is a potent, easy-to-use complete one-part fertilizer with organic additives."

IllusionalFate said:
In veg, you actually want more N than P and K, a grow formula will supply all the Nitrogen needed without going overboard on the P and K. The formula you have sounds like it should work just fine for veg though.

Also, Nitrogen isn't really needed too much in flowering and only takes away from the taste. During the second half of the flowering cycle you can cut the Nitrogen supply completely as food for creating new branches and leaves won't be needed at all. I like Earth Juice's Bloom formula for late flowering since there is no N (0-3-1).

By the way, this descripton doesn't sound 100% organic to me (from HTGsupply):
"FloraNova is a potent, easy-to-use complete one-part fertilizer with organic additives."

No offense man.... i completetly understand what the books say.

Some people stop nitrogen during later flower, I don't. Otherwise why would GH put N in their f BLOOM formula when they specifically test all their nutes on cannabis. Not to mention most grow books will tell you not to ever cut out N completely, just decrease it if you wish.I am not asking for advice on how to grow. I am putting up a journal for people to look at.

I also stated that i wasn't 100% sure that the Flora Nova is completely organic. Earlier in the thread is when i stated that. There are no two growers that are the same. And not being completely organic doesn't bother me, however I do try to keep it as organic as possible.

I am also not asking for nutrient suggestions. I am not trying to be a butthole, i am just telling you that so you will understand that this isn't my first go round. I have tried metanaturals also and would like a more easy nute to work with. The GH Flora NOVA is a one part solution. Do a google on the Lucas Formula and you will see what you should and shouldn't be giving your plants and when. Flora nova is basically the lucas formula in a bottle.

My soil mix i will be using is 100% organic, my own recipe. My environment doesn't break 75f with 1200 w in a 3x3 area. Plenty of air movement. Everything my babies need to grow happily. You have your own opinions, but that is all they are. Experience is what tells you what you need to know, not just Ask ED or The marijuana growers bible ect.ect.Please don't take offense to this post. I am just an honest person.

If i have a question, i will ask. Until then just sit back and watch.:cool:

Right now I don't think there is much of a need for pics unless you folks want to see what i use for a soil mixture.

Anyways, I should have tap roots today. I am going to mix my soil today too. I will be back on later tonight.

Im subscribing. 1, because i'm using the same Nutrients, two because you have my dream setup. Cant wait to see your results with using just bloom. I have used Floranova grow from seedling to 1 month, and have switched over to 800ppm of bloom now. I highly suspect that my Ocean Forest soil was nutrient rich enough with N that I did not need to use the grow, but my veg period was extra vigorous with the grow + soil + 250W MH bulb. 3/5 Female ratio too. Bonus.

Awesome... I have already mixed the soil though. So no pics right now, but really mixing soil is a chore and it ain't digital cam friendly.

Anyways.. What's in my soil mix is
2 blocks of Sunleaves coco coir
2 40# bags of organic humus
2 bags of perlite
1 Bag of composted manure
3 bags of earthworm castings
dolomite lime

Thanks Mr Wakenbake, I really hate to keep bothering you with questions but could you tell us what size bags of perlite, manure and earthworm castings? Also, what type of manure and how much dolomite lime? Do you use this mix all the way thru or do amend it at some point or just use the Flora nova as needed to meet the needs of the plants as they go along? Thank you again sir.
puff

edit: oh, wait, I get it. The mix is just the house they live in, The flora nova IS the food. Right?

nice set-up! with that much effort/ attention to details this has gotta be good! thanks for all the pics.

Composted manure is 40#
earthworm castings i don't know they were small like .5 cubic foot bags
composted manure... i don't know what kind prob cow.
what u said about the soil being the house is true, but it still has to be pH'd.
I couldn't ph this soil batch but i have done this now three times with the same stuff so i should be right on target.

anyways... If you have any more questions feel free to ask.In a soil mixture like mine where there is no nutrients pre added, you must give the plants everything they need. From start to finish. Anyways, it's not hard with organic and semi organic nutes and soil. It's real hard to mess it up.

I use 2 teaspoons of dolomite lime per gallon. I mixed 48 gal this time. so it got almost 100 teaspoons. The key is to get your soil ph close. Within 6.0-7.0 and ph your nutrients before every feeding. If you ph your nutes properly you wont ever have a feeding problem. The dolomite lime acts as a buffer and helps keep the ph about 6.5 or so.
I will get a pH checker this week, i will have to order another one but oh well. All i have is an ec checker and i can't use it for what i need i don't think . Anyways, seedlings should be poking their heads up soon. Can't wait for these awesome strains to start producing.

Anyways i will update with pics when we have something to be proud of above soil. Until then....With organics PH is not nearly as important as the pH is constantly fluctuating . However if it gets too out of wack there can be problems.

Nothing to be proud of, but i do have two direwulf sprouts above the soil and going strong. A little to be proud of i guess. We should have all the sprouts up in a few days.. Some seeds take a while to get going. Exactly why i hate growing from seed. Anyways, i will have an update when we get em all up above soil level. I guess i will post some pics too then. Anyways, until then.

We now have 9 out of 15 seeds above soil. I am just waiting on the afghanica x db and one direwulf. Maybe the mandala seeds too. Anyways, not too much longer and i will give pics. Anyways, just a quickie there.

hey up mr yeh ed ros bible is way ole fashioned and i can state ive gone against everything he says to do and still had great results growing marijuana.

i mean man when was that wrote about the time the 1st testament was released.

lol

pkj

parkingjoe said:
hey up mr yeh ed ros bible is way ole fashioned and i can state ive gone against everything he says to do and still had great results growing marijuana.

i mean man when was that wrote about the time the 1st testament was released.

lol

pkj

Yo. ...It's not that I don't read books, or take advice. But it's the simple fact i haven't asked for it. I am not a butthole. I just have my own way. If i have a problem it will be for all to see as i don't hide anything.

I am not a perfect grower but with organic soil and nutes it's hard to mess it up

Sometimes people compare post count to knowledge or grow knowledge rather.

just starting my own room , plan to take a couple days to do it and maybe a couple of your ideas.:hubba: looks good.

Cool halzey, feel free to take as many ideas as possible. There are many pics to see what all i done. I took em so people can take my ideas. Trust me, it's a compliment to help another grower. ANyways, we now have 11/15 above ground. 4 may not make it, and will have to be replaced. I will do some pics of the babies wed.

you got me on this one bro, looks good, it'll be interesting to see this theory from start to finish. its struck a nerve with me a time or ten. the hole nute thing. i gotta say thanks for the show.

its not a theory k town. It's reality .

Do a google search on Lucas Formula.

Flora Nova is Lucas Formula in a bottle. Then tell me i am just theorizing. :)

Latest posts

Back