Multiple cpu fan wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaLiO

Reaction score
Ordered 10 cfm fans plan o using about 5 or 6 for intake and exhaust. Was wondering if it is safe to wire multiple fans to a single adapter. The fans are 12v. Thanks for the help in advance.

Is there a reason you didn't get an inline or squirrel cage fan? I wouldn't mess with anything electrical without doing serious research.

CaLiO said:
Ordered 10 cfm fans plan o using about 5 or 6 for intake and exhaust. Was wondering if it is safe to wire multiple fans to a single adapter. The fans are 12v. Thanks for the help in advance.

Just add up the amp draw from all the fans and make sure the adapter watts are enough.

VOLTS X AMPS = WATTS

I agree with sweetnug, at least make sure everything is unplugged! Anyway, to your question, I have a "splitter" I bought for my guitar pedals, it lets 5 pedals run off 1 adapter. So I don't see a problem with the fans if the guitar thing works (it's just a wire with multiple power ends and one to plug in, no fancy parts to make it work). Just set it up and let it run for an hour or so and see if any of the components are getting freaky hot.

I have had multi cpu fans wired for my first grow not as many as you I had only about 5 or 6 wired together. I will warn you that they are noisy at least mine were. All I did was daisy chain them together. I placed them where they needed to be and wired them up to eachother. But unless you absolutly know what you are doing I wouldnt muck with electricity. It could be very bad to your health, you could get zapped, or start a fire imagine tryin to explain a fire to your landlord or the fire department. Like sweetnug said I would send those fans back make it easier on yourself and get a squirrel cage or an inline fan save yourself some trouble.

Ok thanks for the replies. I'm not going to wire anymore than 3 to a single adapter. Was mainly trying to find out how to know what size adapters to use. Have wired quite a few things up(all my lighting) and haven't had any problems been running good for the last 3 months, trying to keep it that way. Grow area is only about 6 sq. ft. so not to much ventilation is gonna be necessary and heat isn't an issue. The fans are 80 cmm, so any suggestion's on how many will be needed. For adequate ventilation?

Alot depends on what light/s you have running.What kinda lighting do you have? I know that your exhaust should be able to exhaust your growing room in about 5 minutes. In my 12 sq. ft. room I will be running a 465 cfm fan but I also ruun 1000w light to. W x L x (H x 0.8) will give you the cfm needed for a 1 minute exchange.

Latest posts

Back