Music..... Got some questions for the mods and admin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali*Style

Aint trippin...
Reaction score
What would it take to post a music player to the site? One that would allow us as a group to add and play songs with? There would have to be some rules of course. But I think it would be a cool idea. Maybe not.

I am not sure what type of code it would take to make something like this, Maybe something that would link to an alternat host?? A combo of php-html?
I dont know alot about code either, but I can cobble small stuff together for the most part.

I would be more than willing to generate this ( with some advice ), and maintane it.

Sound like something that we might be interested in??

Open to any and all feed back.

AGREED, it would have to be done in a safe way.

I was thinking about generating it with an outside source, and linking it to our site.

If anyone is familiar with myspace, They have the ability attach music players from alternate hosts, to there personal pages.

I could set up a unanimous account with one of these host sites, and link to it...?? Then maybe start a thread here and take requests, etc.

I understand about the feelings of privacy.... I am not giving personal information to anyone either. But I think we might be able to make a discreet player and have a good time with it...??

Still open to any and all feedback.;)

I'll make sure Marp sees this.

I know nothing, but it seems like it would be a pain....lol. Plus, some folks may not like the particular genre's. And the music couldn't be obscene, and would have to follow the no profanity rules.

Hmmmm, I don't think Rush cusses much in their music. How about Rush on MP....24/7. :p

I agree, we would have to have someone in charge of what is added and what isnt. But the way these players work is, there is a list of added music. Each individual has power over what they listen to.

I like the idea of a request page. People can post up a song they want on the player. The person or persons in charge of the player can go get the song, listen to it, and add it or post the reason it wasnt added.

Obviously, there couldnt be anything vulgar, or offensive. I think the majority of people here are more mature than that....??

There is a lot of great music out there of all genres though. I think we could establish a good eclectic mix of songs, that most people could listen to and be happy with.

Maybe even start a few different players. One for each genre...??

The reason for using an alternate host site, there would be no legal ties to this site or the owners.

I can make an account, and post a link here. It could be made into a sticky. I could then go through the posts and update the player as needed.

That would eliminate all legal responsibilities for this site and its owner.

Still open to any and all feed back.;)

question: what if i'm like angry at the world and want to listen to godsmack-i f.....g hate you ? or i'm like butterfly and want to hear vivaldi's spring ? or why it plays that song and not the other one ? and what about all those author's rights,copyrights, public playing,etc. how to keep people happy ?
u get my point. good idea,but i think that if something like that is possible, someone must choose and the rest of us can listen to it or if we don't like it just play our music on our PC

Latest posts

Back