Music to Trim By

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojavemama

Vapor Vixen
Reaction score

Lots of generational diversity here on MP. What kind of music do you all listen to when you're trimming your harvest? What are your top 10 favorite tunes and performers of those tunes?

I'm an old boomer. Mine are:

1. Mercury Blues--Steve Miller
2. Shootout On The Plantation--Leon Russell
3. Truckin'--The Dead
4. Sweet Home Chicago--Blues Brothers
5. Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?--Jimmy Buffett
6. Take the Money and Run--Steve Miller
7. Mustang Sally--Wilson Pickett
8. Play That Funky Music White Boy--Wild Cherry
9. The Work Song--Dan Reeder (from 1st season WEEDS)
10. Low Rider/Cisco Kid--War

What are yours?

Hey Mama!

Trimmin', for me, is also a social function; I like to have a good friend over to help when the time comes. Good bud, good friends, good music... It just doesn't get any better! But you asked about music:

Though I am very, very old (older still if you ask my children) I find that I am most drawn to the music that was socially relevant when I was but a neophyte grower taking my first stumbling steps. Not only was grunge born in my neck-o-the-woods, but it was so refreshing to an old garage band punk from So-Cal like me after the musical vacuum of the eighties.

So:
Mudhoney - any
Blind Melon - any
Green River -any
The Melvins - any
Nirvana - everything up to "In Utero"
Soundgarden - any
STP - pretty much any
PJ - everything up to "Binaural"
Alice In Chains - any
Jane's Addiction - Oh, yeah... anything by JA is just fine by Snax!

Also - more in keeping with Snax's ancient-ness:
Pink Floyd
Joe Cocker
Led Zeppelin
Tom Waits
Pat Travers
Robin Trower

I'm sure there's more, but this list represents some primo trimmin' tunes! :D

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

Good Music listed there, some is familar....some is not.
My music is stuck in the seventies/eighties .....

I have intense ringing in my ears (tenitis). It is very loud. If I try to listen to something, it becomes more to my foreground and louder it seems or is (when the tv is on it is ungodly loud for me, and I use the closed caption. Foreign accents totaly are beyond me to understand.). Any kind of music I like in the background, but I stopped keeping up with music when this tenitis started, back in the eighties. Before then, I was a rockin' concert goer, music loving, long haired, pot smokin', hippy freak. Hair is still long, been tokin' long too.
Rock on folks.
Great lists up there.

slayer, pantera, motzart,pink floyd,tool, alice in chains,old white zombie,just about any classical,the beatles,most anything from the 70's-80's,frank zappa(with and without the mothers).

Tonight it has been Pink Floyd-A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Jethro Tull-Aqualung
ZZ Top- One foot in the Blues
Rush- Chronicles Disc 1 & 2

ozzydiodude said:
Tonight it has been Pink Floyd-A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Jethro Tull-Aqualung
ZZ Top- One foot in the Blues
Rush- Chronicles Disc 1 & 2
Oh yeah, Jethro Tull, definitely Jethro Tull!! Forgot them. Ian Anderson's one of my favorite humans.

I always go with something a little more improvised to help groove me through the long, tedious process. Usually it's jazz (not that easy listening foo foo stuff though) or old blues (occasionally more modern/recent, just depends), or maybe reggae or other ethnic music.

Excellent! Loving it......great suggestions for adding more music to my trimming cache. More, More, MORE!!!!!

Clutch-any
Silver Sun Pickups-any
Black Label Society-any
The Cult-Sonic Temple
Everclear-So much for the afterglow
Godsmack-Godsmack
The Muse-any
Queens of the stone age-any
Static-X-any
STP-any
Wilco-Wilco the album

My women deserve nothing less than Luther Vandros and Lionel Richie.
Cause they know who loves them.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZoeqrOz7w&feature=related

...All about the herb;)

Hey hey TN, how's it bro!

Ok, so I have to have something during the trim. I have a murderously short attention span when it comes to things like monotonous and repetitive tasks.

I have a local station I think I cannot live without. It as a classic rock station. I loath commercials but love the dj crew they have. A quandary for certain. Besides, how can one not listen to classic rock during a trim?:confused2: I can't be that out of touch.:D

Oh, also, I ALWAYS trim alone. I think that means I am naturally desparate for tunes.

NV, what classic rock songs do you enjoy the most?

I need some of that Afgoo Mojo rock for my girls!

nvthis said:
Hey hey TN, how's it bro!

Ok, so I have to have something during the trim. I have a murderously short attention span when it comes to things like monotonous and repetitive tasks.

I have a local station I think I cannot live without. It as a classic rock station. I loath commercials but love the dj crew they have. A quandary for certain. Besides, how can one not listen to classic rock during a trim?:confused2: I can't be that out of touch.:D

Oh, also, I ALWAYS trim alone. I think that means I am naturally desparate for tunes.

:yeahthat:

Give me old time rock-n-roll.

anything! i just turn on the classic rock station.. cause if i don't, i end up with stupid songs in my head the WHOLE time (yesterday it was "dead Puppies" for 2 hours.)

ROFl! I hear you, Kaotic. Same thing happens to me. Especially after reading the song title game thread--last night I went to sleep humming "Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie," a song I loathed the first time around. Followed by the most obnoxious ad ditty ever made, "Ring around the collar..."

So what are YOUR fav old time R&R songs, Kaotik? I count on you to be the music man, full of obscure lyrics. What songs rock your world, motivate you when you are trimming?

mojavemama said:
NV, what classic rock songs do you enjoy the most?

I need some of that Afgoo Mojo rock for my girls!

Hey MM, well there are a few songs that I suffer through to get to the good stuff (along with advertisments, something that must be endured with public radio) but I like most all of it.

A few I like might include Joe Walsh, Thorogood, Zep, Queen, Hendrix, Floyd and whoever else. I am pretty easy going though. I can even handle the likes of Joplin and ELO.

Grateful Dead! It never gets old.

mojavemama said:
So what are YOUR fav old time R&R songs, Kaotik? I count on you to be the music man, full of obscure lyrics. What songs rock your world, motivate you when you are trimming?
like i said, when trimming, anything i know really.. just something to run through my head.
have to pacify the mind or it goes for a little stroll and the repeat button sticks ;)

i like a wide range or music. as for classic rock artists, the usual; Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Allman Bros, Van Halen, the who, Sabbath, Queen, CCR, AC/DC, Clapton/cream. etc.. would probably be the top ten. sorry, nothing obscure there ;) there's many artists with atleast a few songs i like though, those listed are ones that i like many songs from.

Latest posts

Back