My 72 square foot grow chamber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasnak

Reaction score
After much research and planning I have designed a great little grow chamber that will suit my personal needs quite adequately. It is constructed in an unused shower located in a bathroom in my workshop.
The size of this space is 3'x3'x8', for security and light control I installed a lockable door with weather stripping.
Ventilation: is passive, via two 12'x12" holes passing from a climate controlled area into shower. One of these holes is at floor level and the other about 6' high, the air passes between 2 wall studs, the holes are covered with grills and filters. I then installed a 424cfm fan in the attic and brought the 6" flex tubing thru the ceiling of shower.
Lighting: 600W cooltube with digital dimable ballast, MH & HPS bulbs.
Filter: I constructed a carbon filter from the DIY section of this site, it is mounted near the ceiling. The centrifical fan in the attic draws air thru filter and cooltube then exausts stale air near the eaves.

I am presently into my 5th week of a Wonder Woman grow and quite pleased with the results so far.......

I would like to add that I could not have done this without the information shared here at MP. Thanks, & stay safe.

its a 9 sq foot room, its 72 cubic feet.

so you are providing your plants with almost 10,000 L/sq ft, Sounds good, good luck.

Thanks dman for the correction.....fuzzy brain = fuzzy math

Yeah,you would have needed 360,000 Lumens.:D 45,000 Lumens is much much better.;)

WeedHopper said:
Yeah,you would have needed 360,000 Lumens.:D 45,000 Lumens is much much better.;)

hes got a 600, so he is closer to 90,000 lumens

Yeah,,that 600 will cover his 3x3 real good.

Thanks for the input Y'all, I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to operate this new fangled machine.

Here are pictures of my 72 cubic foot grow chamber...

P1010378.JPG

P1010317.JPG

P1010318.JPG

P1010376.JPG

P1010377.JPG

Just learned how to post pictures here but not how to include captions so please bear with me.....thanks

Picture #1 lockable door on shower, #2 view with door open #3 view from floor looking up #'s 4&5 are my 6 babies at 5 weeks old.

looking good, very clean, i like it. it might get a little crowded in there and you are gonna want an oscilating fan.

and if you over water you got a drain in the floor.

Thanks dman, yep is kinda cramped right now, I'm figuring on a few males when I switch to 12-12. Three or four plants would be ideal for this space.
A couple oscillating fans are going in this week.

Yeah,,and the white shiny surfice of your shower, is no good for reflextion of light.

10-4 on the white shiney surface, but I am not gonna paint a good fiberglas shower stall flat white for the little good it will do.

Nah,,I wouldnt eather. Maybe some Mylar.

Latest posts

Back