my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
growing 2- Northern Light X Big Bud , the plant has just started to show, using Dyna-Gro Protek in water only, for a week , then start Fox Farm shechudle week after ( being 1st week ).
under Cfl's , for 18 hrs a day, in homemade air pots, in rapid rooter plugs n in coco coir, in the pots
no pic's cause the pic;s too big n google could find the program to resize it

all feedback welcome :watchplant:

Google Picasa, it's a free program that can resize pics. Or if your computer came with paintshop which most do, you can use that.

As for your grow, I would bump the light up to 24/0. MJ will grow all the time the light is on and does not need a rest period. Most of us run our light in veg at 24/0. It helps keep stretch down. What size space are you growing in? Veg? Flower? Green mojo.

it will b in a space of 3 1/2 ft by 20 inches deep by 6 high, they will b put into 3 to gallon buckets made as a air pot, so roots will breathe.
n using Led 100 to 180 watt Gro Light

100_1459.JPGher r my 2 Northern light X Big Bud babys, need help as to what to do next . I have Fox Farm nutrients on the way,also can I spray the leaves as well ???

Newbie here so need all the feedback I can get

HL I thank U on that Google Program, it works awesome

Get the light closer. You appear to have some stretch going on.

Look into better lights, not sure how well those will work for you once past seedling stage.

I moved thebabys to a cabinet, under a 2ft 4 bulb T5, 100_1460.JPG the T5 Gro light is about 11 inches from the plants,, the temp is 77 -78 degree.100_1461.JPG r the plants close enough to theT5 or should I lower the T5 closer, also , U wi see I have a 4 inch inlet fan at the bottom of the cabinet n a 6 inch fan opposite at the top for take out the air100_1462.JPG

all feedback is welcome:icon_smile:

Lower light till you feel some warmth on the back of your hand. That can get pretty close with t-5's(3" or so)

lowered the T% Gro light to 3 inches from the plant n turned on the bottom n top fan

I'd put a little more soil in those cups as well -- good start -- keep growing.

Peace

what about the fans , should I keep them on all the time or off when the light goes off

I would recommend not turning the lights off. Marijuana does not need a dark period. It will grow all the time the lights are on. Running your lights 18/6 encourages stretch and lengthens your veg time.

Yes, that^^^^^.

I have not turned off the lights yet..... week 6-7.
Not much strech with my t5's at 3 inches.( that sounded bad...lol):ignore:

Exhaust fans i run all the time since I tent grow in a relatively humid latitude. When I'm using the t5's my exhaust is on its lowest setting. It keeps the rh and temps at its best with minimal waste of inside conditioned air.

I would think keeping an eye on your rh with fans on or off with light cycle would help you better determine fan settings with lights. At my latitude and normal rh, powdery mildew would become a great concern without 24 hour exhaust ventalation. My lights are on timer(currently 24-0) and my exhaust is on speed control (low). rh 52% temp 74f.

Welcome aboard. The people at Mp are the best. Keep reading and asking questions.

Keep the pics coming!

Green Mojo!:icon_smile:

my temp 80 n rh is 45, where can I get a speed control or should I need one for the fans ,,at these readings ???

If you are getting those types of readings with cfl's you are going to need a bigger fan.

What kind of fan are you using now?

changed over to T5 n the bottom fan is 4 inch top is 6 inch,, also I got my Fox Farm trio, should I start or wait a week till I start

also what is good temp n RH,, I have 90,,100 120 n 300 wat LED Gro Lights for both Veggie N flowering Cycle, would those make it cooler, or should I wait till my babys get to a certin height

My understanding of rh, of the low 50's, is good for most of the cycle.

I purchased my fan speed controler from amazon. Well worth the price in noise and air volume control. I prefer having air volume control at my touch is worth the price, even if my tent is " dialed in."

80f and 45 rh should be good from my short study on this hobby. My experence in leds is nil, Though I love to see journals involving them. IMO they are either the next step or the learning curve to it, so all studies should be looked at . Though, lower temps for flower would be recommended.

Green mojo!:icon_smile:

congrats on your first grow... you have come the right place to ask questions.. you already have a bunch of great growers helping ya..

Aloha
Squidy :ciao:

Latest posts

Back